Author Topic: System Upgrade  (Read 9950 times)

Bloke In The Corner

• "Life's a beach"
System Upgrade
« on: April 27, 2012, 06:51:53 AM »
As we have a few quieter moments available, what with Bella floating around the Med on a sea of cocktails and BL probably tied up with Leveson for weeks yet (these media moguls!) - now is the opportunity to do some housekeeping.

Planned (!) implementaion will be in the early hours of Sunday morning - hopefully before anybody rises (well, well before GITC rises for sure  :P) - but just in case anybody does have a dose of insomnia on Sunday, the system may be unavailable for an hour.

There will be no major design changes, until Bella gets back no doubt, but the registration process will be improved (and hopefully stop most of the spam attacks that BL & Bella have to deal with).

If you're reading this on Sunday morning - it all went well   :o

Bloke

Eleanor

• Elite Member
Re: System Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 07:34:04 AM »
Thanks for the warning Bloke and all seems good news. I have often commented too that something didn't seem 'quite right' with the registration process. I thought it strange that so many bothered to take the trouble to join but that was the last we heard from them - never a post! Although it can be expected this might be a case with some the percentage joining but never posting seemed a little too high especially as some were known to be active contributors to othe forums.  It does seem that perhaps some had Problems activating their account or loggin on and just gave up.

Just a thought that is all.
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Bloke In The Corner

• "Life's a beach"
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 07:30:30 AM »
It's Sunday morning & I can post - it all went well!!

Enjoy  8)

girlie in the corner

• Niña el tiempo extrordinaire
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 08:38:06 AM »
Oooh, errrr, its a bit different isn't it.  Our lord and master, and she who must be obeyed, may make some visual changes, but lets hope this keeps out the horrendous amount of spam they have to deal with.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 08:44:07 AM by girlie in the corner »

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 08:56:55 AM »
Oh well done!  ;D Yes it does look a little different but we will soon be used to it.

Bye bye spammers!  ;D
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 10:54:10 AM »
What a great job by Bloke .

I'm disconknockerated by the improvements.

Well done and thanks a million.

BL  ;D
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

favie

• There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience.
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 10:55:14 AM »
Oh! What a Bootiful Site!!  Well done BITC

EmilyJo

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 17:18:41 PM »
Looking good   8) well done - very crisp but easy on the eye- gracias senor Emj  ;) ;D
Life is not a rehearsal - but sometimes I wish it was ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/salroma

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 09:17:12 AM »
Oh crikey!  Just logged on - what a shock to the system!!  Admin side great to have been upgraded.  But I am really not sure about the look! Will browse around a bit more and see if it grows on me!  :o
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

girlie in the corner

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 08:29:45 AM »
Bloke's done the techy thing Bella, and stopped all those horrid spammers, but ask him to make something look good and he hasn't the foggiest (or the inclination!).  Make it better Bella, as only you can.  I'm sure your going to enjoy playing around with it to get it just as you want it.  8)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 08:35:54 AM »
Horses for courses as they say - and it was lovely not to spend half an hour getting rid of spammers this morning!
Have pmd The Corner just to confirm a few things, then I'll start playing!  ;)

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 08:37:44 AM »
I've actually got used to it and think it is fine. I think any form of change takes adjustment and getting used to. I need to get used to being taken to the first page of a thread when more than one page rather than th last post. That caught me out a few times yesterday but then just clicked on last page.

Eleanor

girlie in the corner

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 08:39:44 AM »
Eleanor, that must be something to do with your personal setup, as when I go into a thread, the latest post is always first on top.  Perhaps there's a button to click somewhere.

Just checked.  Go into Profile/Account settings/modify profile and then Look, and theres a box halfway down which says show latest posts on top. 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 08:45:19 AM by girlie in the corner »

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 08:44:14 AM »
Oh right thanks Girlie.not sure where I will find this button but will take a look around.
Eleanor

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 08:46:42 AM »
Dont worry about me changing things, I fully intend to keep it as it generally has been, just a bit of tweaking or colour change.

My Flickr Photos