Author Topic: System Upgrade  (Read 10960 times)

girlie in the corner

• Niña el tiempo extrordinaire
  • Super Hero Member
Re: System Upgrade
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2012, 08:14:37 AM »
I also get a little cross for the new posts, Bella.  And on this colour scheme, I don't get my avatar showing when I log in.  Personally, I preferred the original default one. 

Bloke/TC has emailed you, so hopefully you've managed to get back on track.  I think he is waiting for you to decide on a colour scheme, and then help tweak it so its right. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 08:34:50 AM by girlie in the corner »

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2012, 08:49:57 AM »
OK. Apologies for those looking in at the moment who had a quick colour shock!

This will be the last one I try out for us for a while as I think we have enough to decide on.

Have chosen this one as an option because people have mentioned Blue is calming, so chill out for a while whilst you try it out.

Check back on the others - the only one not anywhere is the last one - blue and green with the annoying X for new posts, the other two are in Links and webcams, and Members Chat.

Will do a poll later. 

Thanks for input and PM help. I have tried this out in order to make sure we dont get stuck in a rut with the same old, same old look!

Lets see if there are any glitches in this one today.  :)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2012, 08:52:20 AM »
First one obviously is the title - my community - I'm pretty sure we can change that if we choose it. Will need TC to confirm on that.

My Flickr Photos

Juanco

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2012, 09:25:07 AM »
I like this one BD. The blue is classy but not overpowering. The different shades keep it sharp looking but not boring. I actually quite like going into different topics and having a change of colour as well!

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2012, 10:05:28 AM »
Here Here , Juanco.

Bella,

Presumably with this colour blue you voted for good old Boris ??? Top Man , remember him from Gas Street Comprehensive !!!!

BL  ;D ;D

Have they put one of those ground to air missile systems on your roof yet to protect the Royal Borough of Greenwich during the Lympics ???
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2012, 11:11:46 AM »
 :o  I think we are close enough to be in the cross fire of the other two actually!

Now then BL, you know I'm not a political person, but regarding this poll;

There will be two polls. You will have two votes, but only one per poll. The first will be for the main look of the forum, and the second for the Members Chat board. In the case of a tie, the second highest vote on the second poll will be deemed the final result for the second poll. There may also be a vote to leave it as it is at the moment with the couple of colours running to please everyone! (Yeah, thanks for that Juanco!  ::)) The top vote for the first poll is non negotiable except for a tie, in which case ............ god only knows, I'll have to take another pill!!!!    ;D

All done in the best possible taste - and with BL's blessing I may add!  ;)

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2012, 11:39:44 AM »
We didn't think for one second that you were doing this without BL's agreement and also for the good of the forum and it's members Bella. Gosh you work very hard for Bonychat and we appreciate that you are just trying to get it right for all of us. No worries there!

I like this blue actually. I think it is easy on the eye, grabs attention and gives strengh while looking classy. Thats my view for whatit is worth. I wasn't too keen on the pale colours - they annoyed me yesterday and made me want to click out. Take no notice if me though as I was in a most grumpy mood yesterday and had a headache so not the best to make a judgement.

Agree that 'my community' sounds a little strange so be good to change that.
The greeting at the top  'Hey Eleanor' is a little American and reminds me that my husbands relatives will be arriving soon for their yearly visit!  :-X :-X
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2012, 11:59:04 AM »
Good points eleanor.  I think the "Hey,..." bit is a bow to BL's signature, quite clever really!

Will certainly try to change the my community heading as soon as possible.  :)

Hope your headache has gone - we had car problems too yesterday with daughters car returned after someone had backed into her and it needed the bumper fixed.  Returned not looking so "fixed" as it should! Here we go again!  ::)

My Flickr Photos

favie

• There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience.
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2012, 12:04:10 PM »
Lovely Bella....did manage to see the  blue & green one yesterday when I only managed in for a quick peep but think I prefer this one. Poll will be interesting but at the end of the day as long as we have the Bonygraph we will be happy with any result.  :)

ClareABell

• Clare Waddingham Photography
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2012, 12:32:13 PM »
Everey day I log on at the moment a 'Huh?' escapes me.
Love it all, I'm happy with anything.  :D

ClareABell x

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2012, 14:37:24 PM »
Oh HEY - right! got it!  ::)  Brain still not quite with it after yesterday! Sorry about your daughters car too Bella - something about yesterday!

The more I look the more I think this is the best and easy to use too. Just my opinion of course!  :)
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

girlie in the corner

• Niña el tiempo extrordinaire
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2012, 15:05:15 PM »
I quite like this one too Bella.  I'm sure Bloke can alter the wording, once a theme is decided upon.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2012, 19:11:32 PM »
This one seems to be a winner all round then at the moment.  :)

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2012, 19:57:00 PM »
HEY!- yep!  seems that many of us agree.  ;D  Well done Bella!  ;D
Eleanor

EmilyJo

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2012, 21:51:54 PM »
Puuuurrrfect  Bella   8) enjoy a well deserved rest and have a great weekend  :-*EMJ  :) ;D :-* ;D ;D
Life is not a rehearsal - but sometimes I wish it was ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/salroma