Author Topic: Hotel Eolo.  (Read 1968 times)

tonsyl

Hotel Eolo.
« on: May 11, 2012, 19:30:30 PM »
Does anyone have any firm news as to the future of the Eolo, which I understand has new management?

girlie in the corner

• NiƱa el tiempo extrordinaire
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Hotel Eolo.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 08:41:01 AM »
Well, it certainly looks open.  There are chairs etc on the upper floor balconies, although nothing on the first floor.

tonsyl

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 19:05:32 PM »
Thank you for your reply Girlie. I have sent an e mail to the address on their 2011 web entry and we'll see what that brings. If I get news, I'll post again.

tonsyl

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 07:04:07 AM »
I can report that I have exchanged mail with Susan from Eolo and the hotel is open and fully functioning under new management.

favie

• There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience.
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 11:17:10 AM »
That is excellent news Tonsyl....would have been a real shame otherwise, would have been a tradegy to see it lying empy, especially with its prominent position. Good luck to the new management!

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 14:30:35 PM »
Hi Charlie - we will be staying in the Eolo Hotel briefly so will report back afterwards.
The restaurant  should certainly be much better now with the couple from La Goleta having taken over recently.  :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 22:25:16 PM by Mary Lorenzo »

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 22:53:08 PM »
Here as promised is a mini-reivew of Hotel Eolo in Puerto Pollensa.
I found it nice and easy to book the rooms we needed for one night - the Eolo website is very easy to use and only a small deposit is needed to secure a room.  On checking in, there was a very pleasant man call Matt who did all the relevant paperwork and gave us our keys. 

The route to the rooms was ok but appeared very plain....not one picture on the corridor walls.  The signage was nice & clear though.    The main staircase had an interesting art deco-ish hand rail.  There was also an elderly lift.

Both rooms had a small balcony area and views of the marina.  The rooms both had twin beds, with sheets and a blanket and a bedcover on them.  Two towels per bed were supplied  - and the towels were of a very good standard.  There was a mirror and stool and a TV screen in the room and two very large wardrobes with fitted drawers inside.  There was also an A/C unit high up on the wall.  Each room had a pleasant picture hanging on the wall.  Only one electrical socket in the room could pose a bit of a problem for longer term stays....with the need to use a hair dryer, anti-mosquito plug-in, phone charger and lap top charger etc.....The bathroom was basic ....loo, washbasin and shower cubicle but perfectly clean.  Shower shampoo was supplied in mini-tubes as was a small bar of soap.  The shower pressure was very good.

The Eolo Hotel is open all year and old style radiators in the rooms, bathrooms and corridors at least indicate that it may be comfortable to stay there for an Autumn or winter break.  Whilst the room prices are very reasonable, the location is so good, it would be great if the whole place was brought up to date and benefitted from a bit of a make-over in my view.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:29:49 AM by Mary Lorenzo »

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 17:51:21 PM »
Thanks Mary.
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

tonsyl

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 19:57:25 PM »
We stayed in the Eolo just after Lourdes and Mathias took over and I know that the plan was to revamp the place, bit by bit, as money allows. The room we had, on the top floor, had been re-decorated and they were on with that floor but the old fashioned plumbing and very dated decor in the public rooms showed it was a slow job.

Flyer

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 20:57:53 PM »
Well my take for what it is worth - rooms 2 years ago - those on the front had nice views but no air-con which meant leaving windows open in the night ~ can be noisy in the height of the summer. Rooms to the rear (with air-con) easier to sleep in when hot but no view. Restaurant (two weeks ago) - pizzas not good, soggy, over cheesed - Martin doing a good job but looked like he was still finding his feet, tinto nice but seemed like it had been taken out of the fridge so improved as the evening progressed!
Received a text today which read GNAB ~ I think that is bang out of order. It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty - there is clearly more room for more wine. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 15:10:28 PM »
Live dangerously, it makes for interesting posts! :D
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

tonsyl

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 16:19:44 PM »
We're giving it another go in July so, well see what changes have been made in 2 years since we were last there.

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 20:18:55 PM »
Friends who stayed there recently commented very favourably on the food and service in the restaurant..... :)

tonsyl

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 21:37:56 PM »
Thanks for that Mary, sounds promising.