Author Topic: Note to new members  (Read 3945 times)

Belladonna

Note to new members
« on: June 16, 2011, 10:00:11 AM »
Hi all. Love it that you have found us and decided to become a member. Looking forward to your posts and to having a bit of a laugh too.
Please dont worry if your posts do not appear immediately, we have a security system enabled that checks out "bad posts"! Unfortunately it cant work out who are the Good Guys and who are the Bad Guys, so we all have to go through it to start with! Not for long though, so just keep posting!  :)

Eleanor

• Elite Member
Re: Note to new members
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 16:23:18 PM »
LOL Bella - that degree of yours obviously is very useful!  ;)
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

snowy

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 17:28:27 PM »
Bella can't be that good you got in LOL
Is my glass half full or half empty

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 18:00:35 PM »
Takes one to know one as they say! ;)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 12:20:02 PM »
Think we can safely say that we have hit the "50" barrier for members guys!  ;D 8)

My Flickr Photos

favie

• There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience.
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 12:32:56 PM »
That is great news Bella   :).....was it early June it was up and running?

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 18:11:13 PM »
Yippee!!   ;D ;D

That really is good going! It is so nice to be a member of a forum where you can just be yourself and enjoy the friendly atmosphere!

Well done BL and Bella - you are doing a great job!  ;)
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 19:12:18 PM »
It certainly was the early June - the 2nd if I am not mistaken! A rocky road but an interesting one to start with, and BL has done an amazing job getting recognition in TOTN with his regular column. I think we are succeeding in providing an interesting and open forum for PP related issues and anything else that crops up as a side line! Thanks for all the support of our members - and those yet to register!

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 19:36:35 PM »
Well said Bella!  ;)
Eleanor

favie

• There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience.
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 08:55:34 AM »
Think we can safely say that we have hit the "50" barrier for members guys!  ;D 8)

102 members now and the forum isn't even a year old yet!! ;D Yep, you sure are succeeding guys. :)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 10:36:46 AM »
"WE" favie, "WE"!!   8)

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 10:59:35 AM »
This is really good but I do yet again want to say that I am worried something still isn't quite right with perhaps the new members activating their accounts and being able to post. I don't want to be negative and the reason I mention yet again is because I have the interests of the forum at heart and something is niggling me that says there is a problem.

As you know I have mentioned many times that I think it somewhat strange that people go to the trouble of registering and then thats it - we hear no more. Many of the names registering we know to be active forum members of other sites so it seems logical that they would want to post.

Just this last couple of days we have had 3 new members who we all recognise and not one of them has posted. Of course there is no pressure at all on anyone to post and certainly it is up to them but I am just trying to identify why this seems to keep happening?

Please delete or move or whatever this post if you would like to. I just felt that it was worth a mention incase a problem means that people just give up. Hopefully all is well and we can look forward to our new members joining in with their posts soon.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 11:01:23 AM by Eleanor »
Eleanor

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 11:04:06 AM »
No problem there eleanor. They cannot activate their accounts. That is totally in BL's and my control.  We no longer have hundreds of spam member requests, which is wonderful!  Of course, when people post is totally down to them, and we look forward to whenever that may be!  :)
Any other thoughts, please let us know, just incase we may have missed something.

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 11:09:52 AM »
No problem Bella and I see that one of our new members has now posted so glad to see I was wrong. As I said it was a concern for the forum and not a negative at all. It was also important for me to make clear in my post that I wasn't putting any pressure on new members to post and it was simply an observation that perhaps they might not be able to especially knowing that there had been problems in the past. Great the war on spammers is being won, that is good news.  ;D

Eleanor

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 11:13:36 AM »
 :)

My Flickr Photos