Author Topic: Note to new members  (Read 3944 times)

favie

• There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience.
Re: Note to new members
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 13:22:54 PM »
"WE" favie, "WE"!!   8)

Ah!  Oui Oui......I should have known you wouldn't take all the credit as you're not into self praise!!!! ;)  ;D ;)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 14:39:23 PM by favie »

favie

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 13:45:02 PM »
Wouldn't worry too much Eleanor, know where you are coming from tho' :) but a lot of members like to "read only" for news and information and maybe, just maybe too shy to post. :) Like I was once! ;D ;D

Although they have nothing to fear on this friendly forum!! ;D

Some forums have thousand of members with only a small majority actually posting! Part and parcel of forums I suppose. :)

« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 22:37:27 PM by favie »

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012, 15:55:45 PM »
You are right Favie - I hadn't thought of it like that! I've only ever been a member of this forum plus another and didn't see it from that angle!  ::)

You are very right that no one needs to be worried about posting onthis forum though as it really is very welcoming and friendly.  ;D
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

emmalou

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2012, 17:18:17 PM »
Hi, I registered erm back in November I think ... but everytime I tried to log in it wouldn't let me and it wouldn't send me an email to reset password etc.  ::) So been trying on and off since then with same problem ..... then hey presto it finally allowed me to reset my password last week and here I am!!!  :)  Maybe other new members have been having the same problem!!

favie

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2012, 17:40:22 PM »
I don't want to be negative and the reason I mention yet again is because I have the interests of the forum at heart and something is niggling me that says there is a problem.

......and thank goodness it was Eleanor and by mentioning it again the problem has came to light!! :) :)

Glad Tonyls explained what has happened and he and emmalou have now been able to post! :)
Welcome emmalou. :)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2012, 20:21:49 PM »
Good to see you here emmalou, thanks for persevering!  The update has probably helped with any glitches from the old style, enabling you to register again.   :)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos