Author Topic: Last summer...  (Read 1704 times)

Kate1

Last summer...
« on: June 17, 2011, 16:41:30 PM »
Thought I'd get the ball rolling on this thread - and hopefully, on a really wet and miserable day in the UK, waft myself back to PP in the process...

It was last August, an exceptionally hot day in Mallorca, and our 20th wedding anniversary. Normally we only get to come over out of season, when the villa isn't let, but as we had something to celebrate we made an exception. And... it was bliss. A completely different atmosphere: a lot more people, obviously, but just as magical. And those balmy evenings just seemed to go on for ever... If I could pick one moment out of that week, it would probably be the evening we spent at the balcony centre table at the much-missed Los Pescadores. Somewhere, someone was playing classical guitar; on the darkened beach, at the water's edge, a dancer ate fire while our kids looked on. A lovely, lovely evening - wonderful ambience, great food, and a side of PP that we had never seen before. Hope we won't have to wait too long until we see it again!

Belladonna

Re: Last summer...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 17:21:05 PM »
That certainly sounds a memory to treasure Kate. Same for us really as our anniversary is in August too and hardly go out in that month. Makes an interesting change. Thanks for sharing it.

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 17:53:58 PM »
Kate,

Thank you for sharing that special memory with us. That is exactly what this thread is for .

And belated congratulations from us all here @ the BonyGraph

BL  ;D
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Pollpott2

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 12:12:12 PM »
Kate1,
Do you know, that review of yours above and your experience at Los Pescadores could have been written by me!  Apart from the month (you were there in August and we were there in July) it's identical. What a great place it was to sit up there on the balcony, just feet from the beach, looking down at Pine Walk strollers, hearing the waves gently slapping the sand as the kids played in the warm shallow waters with not a care in the world. I've loved going to PP for a good few years but I think last year was the best.  And now poor old Pescadores has gone. It just had that magical feel to it.   
T

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 18:51:24 PM »
Thanks Pollpott,

Los Pescadores, gone but not forgotten

BL :)
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!