Author Topic: Pool v Sea ~ Fresh air v Breeze  (Read 876 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Pool v Sea ~ Fresh air v Breeze
« on: August 24, 2012, 11:04:05 AM »
Ooo!  This caught my eye today on the Mallorca Blog.

Never really thought that anyone would willingly not want a pool or a/c, just goes to show what you consider vital is another mans horror!

May start a poll on this ~ we haven't had one for a while,  have a read and get your thinking caps on ~ or your swimming caps!  ::)

http://mallorcaphotoblog.com/2012/08/24/cool-in-the-pool/
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

andrew711

Re: Pool v Sea ~ Fresh air v Breeze
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 11:14:48 AM »
Klaus has it spot-on. There again, I have the sea all but a short stroll away and were I of a mind to, could just go and use any number of hotel pools. As for AC, no big deal really and totally agree with him on the environmental aspect. But. If the old climate changes as much as they say it will, in the not distant future, the summers are all going to be as stinking, if not more, than this August. Environmental double-whammy therefore.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Re: Pool v Sea ~ Fresh air v Breeze
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 11:46:00 AM »
Maybe its different for those who live there then.  I much prefer to be able to take a dip and be able to shower off by the side of a pool.  And then of course there is the "loo" debate!   :o  You are not likely to stub your toe on an unseen rock as you wade out, but in a pool you wont have the delight of teeny fish to catch your eye.  Some which bite and some which dont! Laying on a lilo drifting around with a cocktail in your hand is not particularly safe in the sea either!

I think you can see where my vote will be on this one!

Now, the Fresh air v Breeze. Could go either way on this, so need a few pushes.  I do love to feel a fresh breeze comiing through windows or doors, and see the voil curtains wafting seductively - no kids to worry about pulling them down of course!  But when I come in from a really hot shopping trip, or walk, I love being able to switch on that a/c for half an hour to "freeze" down the air as many windows and doors will have been closed for security reasons!

I am not one to mix and match with doors open and a/c on. It doesnt work, and I am very aware of the cost!!

Except in the car!  I love driving with the sunroof open and the a/c on!  I know it uses up a ridiculous amount of petrol, but for the amount of days its used in the UK, I think I can be excused for that little treat!  8)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos