Author Topic: Pool v Sea, A/C v Fresh Air  (Read 1674 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Pool v Sea, A/C v Fresh Air
« on: August 24, 2012, 11:56:58 AM »
Have a think about what you enjoy the most.  Most of us have the options on holiday to do both, but which do you prefer? Post your reasons and convince others your ideas are best!  ;)
You have 2 votes, you are allowed to change your vote if you get convinced otherwise, you will see the results after you have voted.
Bit of fun to enjoy the hot weather!
   8) ;D
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Tia

Re: Pool v Sea, A/C v Fresh Air
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 12:29:51 PM »
I honestly feel that A/C and pool chemicals are bad for your health and the environment.
Don't worry........Be happy !!!!

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 14:57:45 PM »
I do agree Tia. I never have a/c on at night time as it dries the air so much you wake up needing a drink so often!

My Flickr Photos

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 16:38:20 PM »
Def sea and fresh air for me!  ;D

Even if you use air conditioning, you still need to go outside at some stage and the huge difference in temperature can be a worse shock to the system than several mojitos at Nostalgia!  ;D

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 22:24:41 PM »
Read that quickly and thought you said Mosquitos!! :o  Bet you have a/c in the apartment though Mary!  ;)

My Flickr Photos

girlie in the corner

• Niña el tiempo extrordinaire
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 08:04:59 AM »
The sea and fresh air options seem to be favourite in general.  I too dislike the chemicals in pools, and with this beautiful bay, why swim in a pool?.  Air con?  Well, there are times when there's just no other option, when the suffocating heat is getting you down, but in those situations, we have our air con on at a fairly high level (around 28).

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 09:13:55 AM »
I agree with Tia and Bella re the air con. I just hate it. I hate the sound and I hate the cold air. I can not stand a draft on me at all no matter what the temperature.

We are lucky that we have a pool. I love to be near by and just throw myself in when my body becomes hot or even when it doesnt! It s so immediate and doesnt need planning ahead. Even in the evening i enjoy swimming or just sitting by the side with my feet dangled in! I 'm also selfish and like to have all the space to myself! Lol

I have never found the chemicals to be a problem and if looked after properly they shouldn't be. My pool is beautifully clean and sparkles in the sunshine making it very inviting. At night time the under water lighting shines through making it totally irresistible. Just heaven!

Anyone changed their mind?
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

girlie in the corner

• Niña el tiempo extrordinaire
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 12:48:04 PM »
I admit it does sound idyllic Eleanor, and I would certainly use one if staying in a villa with a pool.  But bearing in mind that I swim every other day for about 8 months of the year, I really don't like that idea of that many chemicals on this honed, beautiful, totally without a flaw, body.  (Yeah, right!).   ::)

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 13:23:57 PM »
Well if I had a body like that I too would be worried! lol  ;D

Seeing as I don't .......!  :(

If I went on the beach a warning would go out that a great white whale had landed!

At least at home a big black robe is never too far away to grab if anyone comes near or by! lol  :o
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 17:23:40 PM »
Ooh!  Forgot all about this!  Well, the result is not really a suprise is it - most members who voted, love fresh air with the windows open, and swimming in the sea best.   I'll stick with the pool though!  ;)

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 21:22:22 PM »
Me too but come October the sea is always warmer than the pool! Therefore the sea gets it!  ;D
Eleanor