Author Topic: It seemed sensible at the time!  (Read 1675 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
It seemed sensible at the time!
« on: September 12, 2012, 14:09:30 PM »
 Son looking out from the villa "I can see as far as my eyes stop working."  Me, setting daughter off in hysterics "That's the horizon!"

Hubby bringing drinks down to pool "This mojito is alcohol free ~ honest." Me five mins later having sensible discussion about travelling up to Wales " Why isnt Edinburgh the capitol of Wales?"  Son "Because it's in Scotland!!"

"They do really good Mangos here." " Really? A shop or a farm?"  "No ... Mangos. Really cheap compared to back home."  This conversation went on for a while longer until I realised it was Mangos clothes shop my daughter was talking about!!   ;D
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
Re: It seemed sensible at the time!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 20:38:07 PM »
I wish you had filmed this! It sounded just like an episode of 'Ladies of letters'. lol  ;D
Love that programme  ;D
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 10:20:53 AM »
Hubby, after meal with waiter standing by "Every one for coffee?" Turns to waiter, holding four fingers up "Quantro cafe con leche por favor." Waiter "Four cointreau white coffees, si senor." !!!!  Luckily we rectified this before he disappeared!  Looks like another lesson in number pronounciation coming up!  ;)

My Flickr Photos

GrandeMimosa

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 12:54:49 PM »
On the subject of saying the wrong word .. In a little favourite coffee stop of mine the Cafe llegar on the corner of the square , I like their small strong dark coffee in there .. but one day when my pigeon spanish was even more pigeon ,I asked for a Cordero with my friendly smiling face ,, which is of course slightly different to a Cortado , what I really meant

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 14:30:15 PM »
Definitely a coffee with a little more body in it than usual GM!

Today's phrase of the day so far;  "Let's go to the bananna plantation" Daughter, "What's there then?"   ::)

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 10:35:48 AM »
Let me tell you a story whilst I have five mins on my own.

Last night we all set off on the long drive to see Come Fly with Me at Magaluf.  Thats not why this post has a thumbs down let me hasten to add.  I will tell you about the show later.

Before we left we decided to put the "dead" lilo in the boot and get rid of it in a bin on the way.  Its a long drive, we had a table booked for a meal before we got to the show, and we had left late of course ~ daughter's fault this time!  ::)

We had passed a few bins on the way and unable to stop as on fast roads.  Finally we managed to see one in plenty of time ahead, giving us space to pull up in front. Son dashed out of the back door opening up the boot, calling out "And this bag too?"  "Yes" called distracted hubby keeping an eye out for cars coming up behind.

Managed to get to the resaurant about 20 mins late, lovely restaurant, but time didnt let us have desert or coffee before we dashed off to the show.  No problem really, it saved a bit of money!

Great show, finished about midnight, and had a long tiring drive back home.

Arrived back exhausted and all just struggled into our bedrooms for sleep.
Hubby called out "Did anyone bring in that bag with my TWO NEW JUMPERS in it I put in the boot incase we got cold?"    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I dont really need to say  more do I?!!   :o

Son looked at me, I looked at him, hubby looked at son, "You're joking aren't you?" he said in his disbelieving voice.
"You said the bag had to be thrown away, and it was just an ordinary bag!!!"

No one could be sure what bin it had ended up in along the way, and far too tired to go out to find it anyway by now.  No chance of doing it early this morning as goodness knows what time they pick up the rubbish.   End of two new specially bought for holiday jumpers!

They are both now at Cala Dor trying to buy new jumpers as the weather does not look promising for the next week!

My Flickr Photos