Author Topic: Plantacion Bananera - Porto Colom  (Read 910 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Plantacion Bananera - Porto Colom
« on: September 13, 2012, 14:46:32 PM »
Jumaica tropical park

We laughed when our daughter asked what was there before we went. Well, perhaps we should'nt have!  A real case of "Yes, we have no bananas!"  Unfortunately this place has now deteriorated so much, that it really is like walking around the long lost Jurassic Park.  We remembered it from about 10 years ago or more, when it was a thriving well kept attraction, with a bar and a show and film makers buzzing around.  Today, its empty, dirty, unswept and in parts, dangerous.  I wont say its unloved, as the animals which are there, kept in smallish pens, but thats just there way, all look clean and happy, except for the peacocks which are certainly unhappy.
Ponds are clogged up, with no sign of the once beautiful ducks.  It really is a shame.  Obviously a financial problem, and they still have the restaurant going, but its struggling.  At 6 euros its not expensive to walk around, but it doesnt leave you feeling good.
As for the fruit, well, there was a basket with a few sad looking specimens for sale at the kiosk!!   :-\
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
Re: Plantacion Bananera - Porto Colom
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 15:48:13 PM »
emm - give it a miss then I think! A shame though as it could be a nice idea. A marketing problem I suppose and then when things become so bad even marketing won't help!
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.