Author Topic: Fundacion Yannick Y Ben Jakober - aka art museum!  (Read 1233 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Fundacion Yannick Y Ben Jakober - aka art museum!
« on: September 21, 2012, 08:48:18 AM »
Booked for the 11am two hour tour today ~ can't wait, SO excited!  ::)  Steve's choice, already been up there once this week and it was closed. Just need to Zumo a few ants first, and maybe wash the curtains, perhaps dryclean the sofas, bit of painting ............  ;)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

gina39uk

• PPHR-DIRECT
Re: Fundacion Yannick Y Ben Jakober - aka art museum!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 08:51:10 AM »

What - no time to clean the pool ???....Shame on you ;D
It's Nice to be Important - but it's More Important to be NICE!

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 16:34:08 PM »
LOL!  Should have thought of that one too gina!  Actually, I have to hold my hands up on this one. You know when you have promised to go to a party and dont really know anyone and dont really want to go, but you do, and it turns out great?  Well this was just like that! After getting stuck in traffic at Alcudia - they are tarmacing the road outside the carpark which you use for the market - I then felt guilty that we would be arriving late and either holding up others who had booked for the tour, or we would miss it completely.  As it happened, we were the only two on the tour this morning!!

The three - yes three - girl guides, (not actually Girl Guides, just guides who were girls), were amazingly well informed and brilliant English. 80% of their visitors are German by the way FYI. The building is an amazing piece of architecture - eleanor, your hubby would love it - with many influences and genuine doors, tiles, roof slates, flooring, beams etc gathered from spain over the years. Being the only ones looking around it was truely beautiful.  The exhibitions were interesting, especially if you are told about them on a one to one.  Great granit statues of animals in the gardens too. Fabulous wall of of Swarovski crystals, and you can buy a photo of the Michael Douglas family standing by it if you want to, but you cant take a photo of it yourself of course!!  They do have postcards of everything naturally.

One exhibition was not available as they were loaning it out to someone, somewhere, so will probably go back in November to have a look.
Its a strange place to get to, but definitely worth it IMO.  Some lovely brown goats wandering around on the drive way up to the gates too - HUGE curly horns!

Visit if you can, but make sure you check out the times first to save yourself an unneccessary trip up, and a bit of a row!  ::)

www.fundacionjakober.org

My Flickr Photos

gina39uk

• PPHR-DIRECT
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 16:24:06 PM »

I think it's great that you take the time to go to all these fabulous ( and not so fabulous) places. At least you see more than just sea and sand.

When I lived and worked in PP my clients used to enthrall me with their 'days out' and 'trips' and were always amazed that i had never been myself!     I had to explain that working 25 hours a day didn't leave a lot of time for  sight seeing and in winter, when we DID have the time - most places were closed ;D

Now I DO have the time but my body complains very loudly when asked to do anything more than lift a glass of vino (or three) ;D :o

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 17:32:26 PM »
I know the feeling Gina! My head has felt a little like that "the day after" a couple of nights this holiday!  I completely lost one Sunday this trip!  :o

Never have been one for spending whole days at the beach or in one place. But do have a moan when we end up spending hours in the car getting to somewhere in the first place - you cant have it all.

Talking about spending hours somewhere, we are now spending our 4th hour at the airport due to the strike. Have at least another 2 hours to go before we are likely to get a flight.  I really want to be home now!   :-[

My Flickr Photos

gina39uk

• PPHR-DIRECT
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 23:37:20 PM »
OMG! What 'strike' ?   What are 'they' striking for this time? ???  I seem to have missed this.

You poor things - what an end to a lovely holiday :(   Hope you are home now!

Hope it's all over by tomorrow night and there is no  backlog.  I'm due to fly from Gatwick to Palma at 21.35 ???

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 18:41:41 PM »
Im sure you had an easy flight gina and are having a great time already.  Enjoy!  :)

My Flickr Photos