Author Topic: Technical Advice  (Read 885 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Technical Advice
« on: October 13, 2012, 09:01:36 AM »
Probably a Bloke question, or anyone who has come across this before please.

I am now in the process of changing laptops. When I say "I", I really mean my son is changing everything over from my steam driven one to a bright shiny faster one!  Not sure if its necessary for me really, but evidently I have to before this one curls up and dies.

But he has hit a probblem.   Picassa.   I have always used them as my photo storage in order to then download or share elsewhere.  He hates Picassa with an unnecessary force which I cant understand and says I should be weaned off of it for some reason!   The point is we cant find how to transfer the whole of Picassa onto the new laptop.   Picassa itself has been reloaded on to the new laptop at my insistance, and some folders have been individually transferred over, but there are hundreds to be dealt with.   He cant find a single "folder" anywhere to download the whole lot and then reload.   Anyone have any ideas on this please?   ???
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Flyer

Re: Technical Advice
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 09:40:07 AM »
Bit of light reading for you here  :o

https://sites.google.com/site/picasaresources/faq
Received a text today which read GNAB ~ I think that is bang out of order. It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty - there is clearly more room for more wine. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Re: Technical Advice
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 11:07:02 AM »
Ha!  Thanks for that flyer! Looked at a couple of things that Google threw up for Picassa, so will check out this little lot and see if they cover the problem in question!  ;D
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos