Author Topic: Dogs on the beach!  (Read 12026 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Re: Dogs on the beach!
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2012, 11:19:47 AM »
Excellent point Andrew. Hopefully someone has put this on the form!
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Flyer

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2012, 12:22:53 PM »
Andrew - excellent article - MANY THANKS
Received a text today which read GNAB ~ I think that is bang out of order. It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty - there is clearly more room for more wine. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

tonsyl

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2012, 15:57:22 PM »
As I said before, we have taken our dog to PP and it has been on the beaches in winter time BUT, I totally agree with a ban during the period when visitors are there. I can just imagine David and Samantha at their carefully choreographed photo shoot being faced by our over boisterous 30+ kilo Alsatian, thoughtlessly "dumping" on their kiddies sand castles !! I certainly, as a dog lover, would not like it as would other owners so, a ban is essential. Eleanor, I think you will find there are already "doggie high chairs" in the US, so maybe TexMex will be the first in PP !

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2012, 17:08:30 PM »

I can just imagine David and Samantha at their carefully choreographed photo shoot being faced by our over boisterous 30+ kilo Alsatian, thoughtlessly "dumping" on their kiddies sand castles !!

Oh go on Tony, Cut Fido free and give us a good larf !!

Make a change from being shat on by Euro sceptic MPs.

BL  ;D ;D
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Flyer

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2012, 13:47:47 PM »
Further to my earlier post and the comment "I am currently exchanging emails with the local vet (surgery near main town centre car park) as I am hopeful he is going to take the matter up with the Council - he also lives in the Port." I have now had a reply in which he says he is talking to the Council as he is also worried but no one at the Council had thought to consult him however his investigations indicate the proposal (to allow animals on Llenaire beach) still has to be approved. As I am out in a couple of weeks I will discuss with him as he is concerned regarding the 'behaviour of animals without restrictions'.
Received a text today which read GNAB ~ I think that is bang out of order. It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty - there is clearly more room for more wine. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

andrew711

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2012, 14:29:11 PM »
Interesting, Flyer, thanks for this. You might mention to your vet that the story has made the English press in Mallorca today, i.e. the Bulletin and i.e. my article (slightly amended from previous). I have no wish to be part of a campaign, just that I think the town hall is wrong and that the basis for its belief that there is demand is inherently flawed.

Flyer

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2012, 15:04:38 PM »
Interesting, Flyer, thanks for this. You might mention to your vet that the story has made the English press in Mallorca today, i.e. the Bulletin and i.e. my article (slightly amended from previous).

Andrew ~ if there is an internet link to the article grateful if you could post on here or PM me as I would like to send the my 'pet vet'  ::) Whilst not fluent he can understand English particularly if I mention the word Rioja  :)

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2012, 15:49:58 PM »
An excellent article if I might say so in today's DB which sums the madness up succinctly.

We should all petition the Town Hall over this matter to get this over ruled. As it refers to all pets just wondering if we could hire an elephant . Are there any circus elephants do you know , Andrew , on Mallorca ?

A walk with Jumbo on Llenaire beach would be quite a photo shoot, might even become a u tube sensation.

I'm only half joking , folks.

BL  >:( >:(
BonysLad

Flyer

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2012, 16:01:15 PM »
Elephant on the beach (you may have to copy and paste link)  ;D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23446157@N06/2257918258/

andrew711

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2012, 16:02:51 PM »
The article is basically the same as the one Bella copied to this thread before but with a short mention of the blue-flag issue which I thought was a very useful point. Link below.

And yes, what sort of pets could one take onto the beach if not dogs? Pet scorpions maybe. The elephant, I like.

http://alcudiapollensa.blogspot.com.es/2012/11/mad-dogs-and-pollensa-town-hall.html

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2012, 09:45:13 AM »
Been giving this a bit more thought, Andrew.

How's about me and a few lads borrow "Nellie" from outside of the Buddha Bar and carry her to Tamarells beach. Could get a bucket of mud from the torrent and have a simulated crap on the beach. You get the photographers up from the DB with their Brownies to record the happy scene for a world wide audience.

Am sure that half the Bulletin readership wouldn't notice that "Nellie" wasn't too animated !!

Good idea or what ?

BL  :)
BonysLad

Flyer

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2012, 10:05:24 AM »
How's about me and a few lads borrow "Nellie" from outside of the Buddha Bar and carry her to Tamarells beach. Could get a bucket of mud from the torrent and have a simulated crap on the beach. You get the photographers up from the DB with their Brownies to record the happy scene for a world wide audience.
BL  :)

GREAT IDEA - BD and her better half are out today and I'm sure they will be there to give a hand plus as I'm in UK and cannot physically help however I am prepared to financially assist - I will pay for any food consumed by said elephant  ::)

TheCatalinaLira

• married
    • Artworks by CatalinaLira
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2012, 13:39:29 PM »
Dear All,

"Pollensa town hall has given the go ahead to a proposal for dogs to be taken onto beaches in the town. It has earmarked Llenaire beach in Puerto Pollensa and Cala Carbó beach as the two beaches where there will be signs indicating permission to bring dogs and which will be promoted as such to tourists."

I support this offer of Pollensa town hall.

Best wishes,
Catalina

andrew711

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2012, 17:32:49 PM »
Well, good to see that not everyone has the same view.

BL, the elephant idea I like, but perhaps it could be developed. What about a whole circus on the beach? Preferably without a big top so that the lions, hippos and whatever else can wander where they wish. I suppose they're not really pets though.

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2012, 14:20:20 PM »

BL, the elephant idea I like, but perhaps it could be developed. What about a whole circus on the beach?

Yeah, but where would we get the clowns ?

In Blighty, eh !! Suppose you are hobnobbing at the Foreign & Colonial Office  ??

See the Spurs are winning at City, Blimey !

BL  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 14:35:08 PM by Bonyslad »
BonysLad