Author Topic: Petula Clark!  (Read 4620 times)

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
Re: Petula Clark!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 22:54:09 PM »
Oooh thanks Andrew.  I shall have a good listen to that tomorrow!   ;D

andrew711

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 17:22:31 PM »
Mary, hope you managed to get through the "parental lock" on the broadcast. Strong language? Oh come on. She said the F-word once, quoting something John Lennon had said to her. The BBC is just a bit hyper-sensitive, methinks. It's not as if any kids would be likely to be listening to a thing about Petula Clark anyway.

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 19:38:20 PM »
Andrew,

Not too worried about Pet but tell me how you can get BBC Iplayer outside the realms of the
"Sceptered Isles " ? Don't seem to be able to pick it up on my iPad or laptop out here .

Thought it was restricted to us UK BBC license holders only, a group,I expect you are excluded from?

You will be telling me that the Daily Bulletin employs you on a " Service Contract" next !

Yeah Gods

"Disgusted " of Puerto Pollensa  >:( >:(
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 19:40:58 PM by Bonyslad »
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

andrew711

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 21:09:41 PM »
Service contract - ho, ho, ho.

IPlayer, as in this is how stuff is streamed over the steam internet on the BBC. Some you can get, some you can't, like TV. There are those who disguise their IP in order to get the IP(layer), but I don't. Just regular old click and play.

BTW, got an email from the Consulate today. Thought I was in hot water, but no - an invite to the Consul's official farewell do. I trust the Ferrero Rocher will be being passed around.

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 23:07:48 PM »
Ferrero Rocher?  Really?   :D

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2012, 15:35:39 PM »

BTW, got an email from the Consulate today. Thought I was in hot water, but no - an invite to the Consul's official farewell do. I trust the Ferrero Rocher will be being passed around.

And well deserved, Andrew, In my opinion.

BL  :)

P.S It won't be a gong if you get an e mail, it's a nice brown envelope with OHMS stamped on it. Still , enjoy scoffing the swan and sipping the peach juice. Write about it either in the DB or on here and we can go "tut, tut " " the Guy's sold out to the establishment "

BonysLad

andrew711

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2012, 16:05:50 PM »
So, I take it you have received a nice brown envelope. Do we have to refer to you as Sir BL now?

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, 16:40:51 PM »
99% of my friends thought it was totally justified , so mock ye not, Andrew

Sir Vey  ;D ;D ;D
BonysLad

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2012, 18:12:31 PM »

I have a lovely dress that would compliment Ferrero Rocher perfectly ~ not for your colouring unfortunately, so you may have to take me!   ::)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

andrew711

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2012, 19:32:36 PM »
I'm sure I could blag you in, Bella. Not sure about Steve. Has he got a tie to go with the yellow poncho?

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 22:07:38 PM »
I could always run one up out of a black bin bag!  ::)

My Flickr Photos

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2012, 18:06:41 PM »
Andrew,

Nice photos of the Consul's leaving party in the DB today. Recognise a few of the "Great & the Good " scoffing the swan canap├ęs and sipping the old peach juice.

But , alas, no sign of you.

Did you commit some social faux pas like not crocking your little finger at the right angle and therefore rightly, IMO, banished to the back of the crowd ?

These little things count in these circles, Mate.

BL  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 18:16:03 PM by Bonyslad »
BonysLad

andrew711

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2012, 18:26:39 PM »
I'm sorry to have to disappoint, but I was laid low by some gastric bug that would really not have been very pleasant to inflict on the lavatories of Palma's yacht club. I know it was my chance to be seen in the company of various luminaries but, and much though I would have wished to wish Paul bon voyage, 'twas not to be. I'm sure he was hugely disappointed as well. As was I, as I was looking forward to Gilo Paxo handing the Ferreros round. "Oh, ambassador!" You will otherwise be pleased to know that, gastric-wise, I am on the mend. Thanks, in advance, for your concern.

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 00:02:57 AM »
Sorry to hear that Andrew, hope  the old trustworthy Doctor Collis Browne , the curer of all ills when we had an Empire has worked. So coughs , splutters and other unmentionables have all been banished.

At least you haven't sold out to the Establishment. Would have been good to get Giles Paxo's view on Newsnight though . His bro seems to be spitting feathers. So would you if your quarter of a million quid a year was at stake.

Hey ho , Leveson reporting soon !

BL  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 04:33:11 AM by Bonyslad »
BonysLad

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 12:39:16 PM »
I'll put that dress back in mothballs then!  ::)  Sorry to hear the bugs caught you Andrew. You must have upset them in one of your articles and they were getting their own back!  :o  Build you strength up again ~ and fight the good fight!   Best wishes   XX

My Flickr Photos