Author Topic: Is there anyone there??  (Read 1167 times)

Eleanor

• Elite Member
Is there anyone there??
« on: October 31, 2012, 04:51:04 AM »
Well here we are it's now 4.35 in the morning and very dark outside. I have my wonderful grandson staying and should be exhausted! Actually I am exhausted but its yet again one of those nights where sleep is impossible. I know when little man wakes at about 6, I will probably have dropped off into a deep sleep and not want to wake.

I thought I was alone but when I logged on I was surprised to see that I was joined by ten guests to the site. This is wonderful as it made me feel quite human again! But where are you? All you guests who are like me counting stars and UFO spotting - join up and talk to me! We might just be able to bore each other enough to send us into that wonderful sleep which I'm sure line me you crave!

I was going to say hope to see you here again same time same place but let's just leave if at same place anytime!

Just realised that this is private chat so as usual I'm talking to
Myself anyway! Oh well - back to counting those stars!  :P
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Re: Is there anyone there??
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 09:38:46 AM »
Oh poor you!  Thats the problem with getting over tired and the brain still wanting to work (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here eleanor!)  Unfortunately, as you know, guests cannot access the Members Chat - even members cant unless they are logged on.  This was set up as a friendly sideline so as not to detract from the main purpose of the PP site.   I remember when the "old" site used to have an MSM (or something like that ~ please feel free to correct me bloke) on the main site where anyone could pop in for the evening and talk "live" to each other, with no written record remaining after they closed down.   I am not sure whether that type of technology could be incorporated into the Bonygraph site or not.  I will do a  little digging ~ ie, ask Bloke!!   ;)  That way, anyone who is online could join in for a live chat.   If it is possible, we may be able to give it a trial run.
Thanks for bringin this up eleanor, I dont have anything else to do at the moment!!!!!!!   ::) ;)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 12:20:50 PM »
Oh dear! Sorry Bella - all this because i couldn't sleep! lol Was swimming with little man at 9am this morning and feel wide awake and quite alert! Certainly the lack of sleeping not down to over active brain Bella! lol  ::)

I think it is nice to have the members only part to the forum. I would probably only post generally if I felt anyone could read. It makes it a cosy nice forum to belong to. If anyone of those 10 guests looking at 4.30 this morning wanted to join then that would have been a good time to do so. Then they could have chatted to me! lol  ;D ;D Oh dear perhaps that's why they didn't!!  :o

Leave as it is! Thats my opinion anyway Bella.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 12:44:36 PM by Eleanor »
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 14:47:25 PM »
Ooo!  Do I feel a poll coming on!! LOL!   ;D  On a different track,  can anyone come up with something to do for Christmas this year on the forum? I think we have too many members for Mrs Postman to play last years games! But it would be good to do something interesting.  Let me know if anyone has any ideas.  ;)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos