Author Topic: Cameras or mobiles?  (Read 1933 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Cameras or mobiles?
« on: December 20, 2012, 15:42:12 PM »
I am writing my letter to Father Christmas and I am due for a new camera and / or mobile.  I have a Nokia 800 at the moment, and the camera on it is one of the best for mobiles. I also have a Sony Cybershot - 12.1 pixels. Which is pretty dated now, you cant even zoom in when doing videos!!   Kids suggest iPod as they all have one and can help me when stuck which they cant so much with my Nokia. But I like the Nokia. Do I go for the next one up though - I think the Lumia is too chunky but the one inbetween looks good.  Do I bother with a camera now as well though?  It does seem easier to use when out and about in Mallorca, and I tend to use the mobile only if I have forgotten the camera and I find downloading onto picassa is easier from the camera stick!   Any thoughts? What do others use?  ::)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
Re: Cameras or mobiles?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 15:48:28 PM »
Totally no contest in my opinion. - Get yourself an Iphone! You will not look back! You have everything you want and need in one.  ;D

A brilliant camera, video, all the apps you will ever need, plus of course a phone. You can just talk into it and it will write your text for you . Brilliant! My Iphone is now part of my body and something I can not live without! Go for it!

Anything less is like being a Flintstone! lol  ;D ;
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 15:53:47 PM »
Oh crikey - thats what I meant - an iPhone!!  See??  Totally non techi!  Still like the Nokia feel better than the iPhone though!  ;)

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 16:15:49 PM »
NO NO NO!!!! to NOkia!  ;D

You will grow to love the IPhone - believe me! When I first had my one a couple of years ago I thought I would never get the hang of it and did I need all this anyway? The  answer came very quickly and i'm not at all techi  - yes! I needed it all and more!

I now have a new Iphone and adore it. I have an Ipad too plus an Apple lap top - so you could say I have 3 of my 5 a day! lol  ::) Seriously - go for it and you won't look back. Or do I keep calling you Mrs. Flintstone!  ;D
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

girlie in the corner

• Niña el tiempo extrordinaire
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 08:16:06 AM »
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.  I do hope Bloke doesn't read any of this.  He hates anything Apple with a vengeance as they refuse to let any of their products 'talk' to any other product, no compatability etc etc etc.  Apparently theres ALWAYS another option!  (Me?  I know noooothing!).

Cath

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 14:53:50 PM »
I always had Nokia but replaced now with samsung galaxy s2 - photo's are great and you can edit etc..they say the s3 is better.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 16:12:06 PM »
Oh Cath!  Now you have thrown another one into the mix!  :D

My Flickr Photos

Cath

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 19:26:44 PM »
Just to confuse me my daughter bought us an iPad for xmas....i now like them both -  I suppose the mobile is a little easier to pop in a handbag when out and about but we have had some fun with   the iPad  :P

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 21:37:46 PM »

Cath - believe me - you will love it!  ;D Have fun and don't forget to enrol for your 12 days of Christmas freebies!  ;D Enjoy! Oh just a thought - the ,catch up tv, app is great. It's a free one and provides live tv on loads if stations. When you go to the App Store you will see it has 3 coloured balls! Well worth downloading as gives you a tv to watch. I have it on my iPhone too and watch while in the car. Only when not driving of course!!  ::)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 21:47:47 PM by Eleanor »
Eleanor

Cath

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 17:20:31 PM »
thanks for that didnt realise the 12 days of christmas was available for iPad thought it was only the phone ..great gift today a Marian Keyes book  :)
Catch up TV app also done  ;D

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 08:38:41 AM »
My son has now put in his birthday order for the camera that takes lots of photos before you even press the button then chooses the best of them for you to keep!  :o Perhaps if I just open the door in the morning and send it off on its own, it can take a few photos itself without me even getting out of bed!!

My Flickr Photos