Author Topic: The best list for books about Majorca on the net?  (Read 1422 times)

anders

• MallorcaBo
The best list for books about Majorca on the net?
« on: January 03, 2013, 13:02:30 PM »
If you want to see a comprehensive list of books about or related to Mallorca, you can visit my site MallorcaBo at http://www.mallorcabo.eu/indexengelsk.html. These are all books I have red. There is also a minireview on each book.
If you understand the Scandinavian languages ??? there is a link to my Swedish version with even more books
Keep reading! ;D
Anders

Eleanor

• Elite Member
Re: The best list for books about Majorca on the net?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 14:59:04 PM »
Anders welcome to Bonygraph and thank you for supplying us with information of your site.

I have just had a look at it and it is full of very useful information which will be helpful to so many - home owners and visitors. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about it.  ;D
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 17:47:39 PM »
Thanks very much for posting this information Anders!  Much appreciated!  :D

andrew711

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 17:48:16 PM »
Anders, thanks for this and thanks for name checking the Alcudia Pollensa blog on your site. If you would like a reciprocal link, be happy to oblige, just email me through the blog, the address is at the bottom of all the articles.

anders

• MallorcaBo
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 22:26:30 PM »
Thanks for the kind comments on my humble site. ;D
I have just now discovered bonygraph and found it full of useful information on Mallorca. Some of it may be useful when we return to this island at the end of January. We only spend winter months here as it is to hot for us in the summertime. :P Science suggest that we Scandinavians are best adapted to a temperature around 12 centigrade. So winter on Mallorca is like spring and summer in Sweden! 8)
Anders

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 10:35:54 AM »
Hi Anders. Welcome to the forum and for contributing with great information on the island.  We are happy to give out information to any sites that increase the pleasure for visitors to the island, and if you feel our forum can help others to do so then we are grateful for your help in spreading awareness for our forum link.  :)

January is a lovely time to visit the island, although the fiestas are held more earlier in the month. We look forward to your views on anything that you find of interest during your visits.

I have also put your link on our Links and Webcams board as it is a very comprehensive and well researched blog which many will find useful.  :)

I have also noted a cheeky little poll has appeared at the top of the page too! Well done!  ;)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 10:45:36 AM by Belladonna »
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

anders

• MallorcaBo
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 14:02:05 PM »
Dear Belladonna,
Your forum is now on my list of links both in the Swedish and the English version of MallorcaBo :)

Anders
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 14:05:20 PM by anders »

anders

• MallorcaBo
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 18:39:05 PM »
Refering to the earlier posting by CatalinaLira "books about Mallorca" there are many books fitting that description in my book list (see above). However there are some which I can recomend more than others.
Wild Olives: Life in Majorca with Robert Graves, William Graves .  Pimlico. ISBN: 0712601163. It shows that literary talent can be hereditary. It is a book hard to put down.
A Woman Unknown, Voices from a Spanish life, Lucia Graves. Virago ISBN 1-86049-553-2. by Williams sister.
Majorca, Paradise Not Lost. Living the dream on a Spanish island.  Chuck Maisel. iUniverse, Inc. 2005. ISBN 0-595-36022-X The ultimate feel good book about Mallorca.
The book in the earlier posting are certainly also good reads.
Anders