Author Topic: planning to move to majorca and need advice on schools please  (Read 975 times)

shelleps

planning to move to majorca and need advice on schools please
« on: January 06, 2013, 19:40:55 PM »
hi people

we are planning to move to majorca within a year or so and have 4 children 5,7,12, and 14.

we like alcudia area but am worried about my older 2 children adapting to state school so late in their school life.  have any of you expats moved there with children this age?  international school is not an option as would be too expensive for us

would love to hear your experiences please

many thanks

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Re: planning to move to majorca and need advice on schools please
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 19:53:02 PM »
Hi Shelleps. What an exciting build up for you! I cant personally help with this, as we are just frequent visitors who have brought our children out with us for many years and now they go out by themselves.  Hopefully you will get some advice etc from some Expat members to help build up your groundwork. Please let us know your build up as it progresses!  ;)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Re: planning to move to majorca and need advice on schools please
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 20:01:27 PM »
There are a few sites which may be able to help you, one I have found straight off is http://www.abc-mallorca.com/education-in-mallorca/

I will look out for others.

There has also been an article in The Telegraph today which you may find interesting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/expateducation/8199306/Why-my-child-wanted-to-go-to-a-British-public-school.html
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 20:06:48 PM by Belladonna »
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos