Author Topic: UK Television in Mallorca  (Read 12819 times)

tonsyl

Re: UK Television in Mallorca
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2014, 19:00:16 PM »
I find it strange that "guests" in apartments / villas might feel the need for UK tv on tap as it were, as nearly everything is now available on catch up or i player and thus can people not wait a week or two and watch it when they get back to Blighty?

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2014, 19:56:01 PM »
In a word Tonsyl - No! You would think that the case but guests like to have tv and everything else they might have at home. Some like the tv to sit children in front while they get themselves ready to go out or whatever. Others can't do without their daily soaps and others just insist on the option of tv being available incase they want to watch it.
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Kate1

« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2014, 12:53:42 PM »
Yes, Eleanor is quite right - according to our letting agent some people get genuinely distressed if they are deprived of their daily dose of soaps.... I find it very peculiar too, Tonsyl. With hand on heart I can say that I never, ever watch TV while I am on holiday - I'd much rather be outside in the sun and the warmth with a book - but evidently many visitors to Pollensa don't feel the same way. So that was why we had to find a solution as a matter of urgency, when we were told a bigger satellite dish wouldn't help us. Hopefully the Engeldroid box will work as well during the summer when there is more demand - I have my doubts - but at present it seems the only option for us.

It is strange, the home comforts that we Brits insist on having available when overseas. Our villa inventory has to include pint glasses with handles as apparently some Brits won't drink their beer out of anything else... I guess all countries have their little foibles - the Dutch, for example, carry packets of chocolate sprinkles wherever they go (have no idea what they do with them!) Anyway, that's a subject for another thread!

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2014, 14:03:02 PM »
.. I guess all countries have their little foibles - the Dutch, for example, carry packets of chocolate sprinkles wherever they go (have no idea what they do with them!) Anyway, that's a subject for another thread!

Feel free to enlighten us , Kate  ;D ;D

On the telly front , delighted with bigger dish cos clearer picture and more channels ( BLT has about five True Movies channels!!!) and not as conspicuous as I imagined .

BL  :D :D
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Kate1

« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2014, 16:20:32 PM »
Good to hear someone has had good results with a bigger dish!

On the chocolate sprinkles front - I Googled them, to put you all out of your misery - apparently the Dutch get through 14 million kilos of the stuff a year! And apparently they sprinkle it on all sorts of things - but mostly on bread. Sorry to disappoint! (I only know about them because OH goes to Holland a lot on business and has been told about their importance to Dutch existence).
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 16:22:14 PM by Kate1 »

Katiesmum

« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2014, 16:43:40 PM »
Remember having choc sprinkles on bread for breakfast in Holland, many years ado. It is very popular and tasty, when you get used to it! :)

Kate1

« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2014, 17:30:45 PM »
Sorry to have derailed the UK Television thread with chocolate sprinkles (and that's not a sentence I ever thought I'd say)!

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2014, 18:21:51 PM »
I am quite happy to start another thread for chocolate sprinkles and various uses if required!!
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos