Author Topic: Waiting!  (Read 1479 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Waiting!
« on: January 15, 2013, 07:22:29 AM »
Sitting here just finishing breakfast and waiting for the taxi to take us to the airport. Even girlie hasn't done her weather report yet, so it must be early! Webcams look fine, red sky and clouds but no rain. Looking forward to our first meal at El Casinet tonight with a lovely bottle of Can Vidalet! But for now, another cup of tea!  ;)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Flyer

Re: Waiting!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 09:58:24 AM »
Looking forward to our first meal at El Casinet tonight with a lovely bottle of Can Vidalet! But for now, another cup of tea!  ;)

MDD quite good value at 13.90€ - had a bottle of their house wine (tinto/good) and with a couple of coffees came to 44€. Best meal particularly in terms of value/service was C'an Torrens in the square on Sunday. 13€ for their MDD incl vino and agua - I had paella starter, hake main and the old favourite of flan ~ recommended particullary for Sunday lunch when not many places open. The place was packed, noisy and good spanish atmosphere. Luckily we got there at 1.30 as most seemed to pile in half hour later.
Received a text today which read GNAB ~ I think that is bang out of order. It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty - there is clearly more room for more wine. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 19:21:21 PM »
El Casinet closed!!!   ::)  So had an amazing pizza and taglietelly (yeah, I know about the spelling!) in Manducca instead.  Managed EC for our last night though.  Lots to post, but it will take a while !   ;)

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 13:59:39 PM »
Look forward to hearing all the news Bella and catching up with your fun week. SOunds like you enjoyed it!  ;)
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

mama mia

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 21:33:48 PM »
Hope to see the San Antonio fiesta one year, never seem to get over Christmas and New Year in time!  Pathetic excuse I know. :o

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 10:49:02 AM »
It is a difficult time to work out to be honest.  Some people say that once you have seen a couple of the San Antoni's you have seen them all!  I wont say who says that though!  ;)   Decisions need to be made as to where precious holiday time is to be taken too - sun or perhaps rain!  Great for those who no longer have to work out diary dates from work though!

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 07:32:10 AM »
No idea if I have packed for the weather. All I know is its raining here at the moment and the tumble drier packed up last night so towels still soggy!  :(  Less than an hour until the taxi then its a coffee and an almond croisant at the airport!  If I get a dongle I will keep in touch, if I don't ..... see ya in a week or so!  :) 8)  (hopefully!!)

My Flickr Photos

Flyer

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 07:55:24 AM »
Well about to leave for the airport after mixed weather (seems a bit brighter today) got stuck in Big Al's (Rumbo) yesterday during the heavy rain but enjoyed a good couple of dishes of tapas and 3 small beers all for €11.50. The cod tapas at €4 was particulary good value. Don't think we have had one bad meal in the last couple of weeks possible highlights being C'an Currasca set meal at €30 - amazing value and the set lunch at the Golf Club (some adverts say €10, others €12) but we were charged €12 but still good value and the views are worth that alone. For you Italian freeks we had two good meals both out of the Port (not saying the Italian places in the Port are not good as they are) but recommend The Oven a new pizza place on the marina front at Alcudia Port. Crisp, clean place only slight downside was the waiter looked like he would rather be in Italy than Alcudia. Second place was Spira in Pollensa (near the cloisters) - again Italian - pizza not as good as the Oven but pasta dishes were and the house tinto is excellent. Normal good meals at Guru, Stay, Ll Lonja, Swing and Tolos although final comment would be to watch your bill at Swing (think this was more a mistake but just check as maybe their calculator needs a new battery!) and service at Tolos left a bit to be desired but obviously the end to a long season.
Received a text today which read GNAB ~ I think that is bang out of order. It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty - there is clearly more room for more wine. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 08:21:45 AM »
Have a good trip flyer. Thanks for last minute suggestions!  10 mins to go!!  ::)

My Flickr Photos