Author Topic: Baby books  (Read 1451 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Baby books
« on: March 07, 2013, 09:07:47 AM »
Where is the best choice to look for baby's First books? Daughter in law wants me to get some spanish ones for her daughter to start looking at. Baby shops, or general newsagents do you think?  Looking forward to getting some as I can start to refresh my own Spanish at the same time!!   :D
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Flyer

Re: Baby books
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 12:11:58 PM »
Where is the best choice to look for baby's First books? Daughter in law wants me to get some spanish ones for her daughter to start looking at. Baby shops, or general newsagents do you think?  Looking forward to getting some as I can start to refresh my own Spanish at the same time!!   :D

We got a stack from the charity shop in PP - may have cleaned them out as we wanted for English students just starting Spanish lessons in UK. The book shop in the old town (up near foot of the steps, on the corner - if that helps) had quite a few as well but they were, obviously, quite a bit more expensive.
Received a text today which read GNAB ~ I think that is bang out of order. It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty - there is clearly more room for more wine. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 16:29:56 PM »
I dont think I will want student level for a 6 month baby flyer, but thanks for the shop advice, I will take a look when out in a couple of months.  Charity shop may be worth a look, I hadn't remembered that!  ::)

My Flickr Photos

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 19:22:52 PM »

Bloody Hell , Bella

You're not turning into a "Tiger " GrandMom are you ??

Have a look in the newsagents in the Formentor Rd , if I recall they have a few very junior kiddies books where she might pick up the odd Spanish phrase like Senor Noddy va paseo !!!!

Suggest she cracks Grieg's Piano Concerto first before looking at the Spanish lingo !!!!

BL  ;D ;D
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Flyer

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 19:42:36 PM »
I dont think I will want student level for a 6 month baby flyer, but thanks for the shop advice, I will take a look when out in a couple of months.  Charity shop may be worth a look, I hadn't remembered that!  ::)

You obviously do not realise the intelligence level of (some) 7 year olds! They are struggling with some of the stuff we bought back - no words just pictures  ::)
Received a text today which read GNAB ~ I think that is bang out of order. It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty - there is clearly more room for more wine. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 21:35:34 PM »
 ;D  Thanks BL. Tiger, eh! Now whats the spanish for that one then to get us started?

Will definitely need the words under the pictures flyer, not quite the same if I say "este es un hungry caterpiller" in my  best spanish accent is it!  ::)

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 11:09:52 AM »
Only found one suitable one in the newsagents opposite the Chinese restaurant. Surprised I couldn't pick up more, although to be fair, we just didnt have the time to scout around. Hopefully next visit!  :)

My Flickr Photos