Author Topic: PROPERTY OWNERS  (Read 1845 times)

Kate1

PROPERTY OWNERS
« on: June 22, 2011, 13:20:37 PM »
Do we need a thread specifically for apartment/villa owners - to post for advice etc? I have a query about fruit trees but wasn't sure where to put it!

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Re: PROPERTY OWNERS
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 14:20:54 PM »
Post where ever you think it most easily fits in. We can always move it if we make another specific board. :)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 14:36:32 PM »
Do we need a thread specifically for apartment/villa owners - to post for advice etc? I have a query about fruit trees but wasn't sure where to put it!

Yes, good idea Kate. We might all be able to learn from other property owners' learning curves then. 
It's always nice to be able to use a tradesman or business that others have felt delivered the goods - on time and as promised.

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 14:45:29 PM »

Kate , just fire away. See Dorothy the Daily Bulletins garden correspondent most days so just post what you need to know or pm me if you'd rather.

BL  :)
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 15:01:33 PM »
Says the man who's only claim to a garden in PP is probably "garden leave"! ;)

New board started, Home owners advice line.  :)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 15:24:41 PM »
Aw - thanks a lot!  :D  :D   :D

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 19:54:35 PM »
We are having a problem with our insurance which we took out via Sol bank. We assumed that we had covered every possibility and as it came via the bank all would be well.  ::)

Well - someone has reversed into our villa wall causing much damage. For the past 3 weeks we have been fighting the insurance company via the bank who insist we are not covered as we are unable to provide registration details of the vehicle or the name of the driver!  >:(

I'm sure you will agree that it was rather silly that the driver didn't contact us prior to the accident to inform us what he/she was about to do. We could have jumped on a plane and arrived just in time to take down the required details!  ::) ::)

Let the war begin! >:( >:(
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 20:48:38 PM »
Oh dear!  That is a pretty unhelpful stance from the bank/insurance company.
Maybe they are prone to try to disown the claim but hopefully if you perservere, you will win through.
Fingers crossed anyway.  Do you use a 'Gestor' who might be able to help and swing things your way?

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 20:57:20 PM »
Eleanor,

That's amazing cos I have an insurance co ringing me everyday to ask about how I drove my Harley into a Renault Espace in the main car park here in PP . Just don't know how they have gotten hold of my phone no etc.

How uncool is that ? , would feel flattered if it was for knocking a wall down at 100 kph on the way to Lluc but I ask you , to hit a Renault Espace ( do they still make em ?) here in a car park well it beggars belief.

Keep on their case, insurance cos , don't you just hate em?

BL  ;D
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 15:21:07 PM »
Good idea Mary. We are on the case but they don't want to know. Such a shame too for young girl in the bank who encouraged us to change from a UK company. She has been very good and is putting up a fight too.

BL - thats some insurance company!! ::)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 15:24:07 PM by Eleanor »
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 14:00:38 PM »
Getting no-where! Will need to pay to repair wall ourselves and then fight the insurance company. Really angry as only recently re-newed with them too!  >:(

Must find gypsy Rose Lee to see if she can see into the future for us so we can ensure we are at the villa with a video camera and notepad next time we may need to claim! >:(

Back to a good UK insurance company ??? next year I think!
Eleanor