Author Topic: Sa pobla  (Read 1073 times)

trigon2013

Sa pobla
« on: April 15, 2013, 12:21:06 PM »
Hi
My partner and I are looking to buy a house in sa pobla and are interested in some thoughts on the town

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
Re: Sa pobla
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 12:31:05 PM »
Hi there Trigon

welcome to the site.

Sa Pobla is a very rural working agricultural town. On main railway link to Palma ( c an hours travel ) which is a big plus.

Maybe too quiet for a lot of folk but easy striking distance to Pollenca, Port de Pollenca and Alcudia.

If you want rural why not look at Campanet , Sineu or Buger in the north ?

Happy hunting

BL  :) :)
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

trigon2013

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 14:34:40 PM »
Yes I think it has a lot of positives, it's a typical Spanish town
Some people have told me its not a good place to buy?
I have a house in rural France so sa pobla is better for us in that way

Flyer

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 15:48:59 PM »
Some people have told me its not a good place to buy?

Cannot see why it is not a good place to buy other than the fact you may have a restricted (local/Spanish) market when you come to sell as Sa Pobla not a really place for tourists/visitors. Just do your research and look into values, friends of our bought a 3 bed villa with pool in the locality at the same price (roughly) as a 2 bed apartment in the Port.
Received a text today which read GNAB ~ I think that is bang out of order. It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty - there is clearly more room for more wine. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

trigon2013

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 15:54:58 PM »
Speaking to an agent in Arta..they have told me to be careful in Sa Pobla...but didnt give a reason? having only visited a few times I'm not sure what to make of that??

Kate1

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 17:21:12 PM »
I can confirm that it does have a bit of a reputation amongst locals for being dodgy but I have no idea whether it is justified! To be honest I don't think it's the most attractive town - it's based on a grid of rather monotonous dusty streets and doesn't feel like somewhere you'd really want to linger, or even sit and have a coffee. Apologies to anyone who lives in Sa Pobla... if I was going to be in a rural location I would look elsewhere. Campanet is very pretty - as is Sineu, as BL says.