Author Topic: Airport V Easyjet - who's to blame?  (Read 1057 times)

Eleanor

• Elite Member
Airport V Easyjet - who's to blame?
« on: June 24, 2013, 13:40:08 PM »
Certainly crazy at the airport on our return last week. Ques for everything and everywhere!

We had a jobs worth at the Easyjet desk. Having weighed our case before arrving at the desk we were happy with our 19.5kg for a 20kg allowance. Oh No!! Guess who's luggage weighed in at more? Yep you guessed. They wanted either 17 or 70 Euros for the extra couple of kilos - neither of us could hear or understand what jobsworth was saying! So I decided I wasn't having this so took Mum's bottle out of the case to have it grabbed from me. Ok fine I will buy once through but that wasn't enough - they wanted more so out came the jumpers to wear. We got the bag to the accepted 20kg to be told to then place it on the scales on the next check in as that one was now closing. We had a shock to see that the next set of scales weighed much heavier than our 20kg and off they went again asking for money. Husband said no and would be requesting a check on all their scales to which people behine were also by this time becoming angry with what was happening. They let us through.

On our return home we weighed the case using 2 different scales and both registered 18.5 Totally disgusting! Not sure if this Easyjet or airport related but either way just not good!  I wonder how many people just pay up?

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Re: Airport V Easyjet - who's to blame?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 16:35:48 PM »
This is not the first time I have heard that eleanor, and also been on the receiving end of mis calculated scales either. We were on weight going out from Gatwick, carrying towels to be left at the apartment. On the way back, having bought nothing and leaving the towels behine - yes, you've guessed it - they said we were overweight and charged us!!  We were so tired after working at the apartment that we didnt have the energy to go through all the rigmarole it would have caused to complain, and we wouldn't have won anyway I am sure, so we did just pay up.  I dont know when this will change to be honest. We now try to go a couple of Ks under in order to be weighed in as just right!!  Ridiculous!
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

tonsyl

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 16:59:28 PM »
I keep reading about people having trouble with Easyjet and in fact have seen people having trouble with them, although I have never, nor ever will fly with them. To my mind it's worth a few extra quid to fly with an alternative that doesn't give hassle intentionally, even if it means looking at another airport in the UK and a bit longer journey to get there. Clearly I am in a minority having just read that the said airline has just ordered 150 new aircraft and is claiming an increase in passenger numbers. On the subject of baggage scales, call me cynical if you will but 2 seconds "tweaking" the settings can result in quite a good revenue!!!! Not that airlines would do such a thing.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 17:02:14 PM by tonsyl »

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 17:02:30 PM »
I used a company sendmybag.com which were brilliant! I had so much to send out that thought I might just try and was so pleased with them. £30 for 30kg door to door - well actually hallway to hallway!  :)

They collected by noon the day before we were due to leave and was to arrive the day after we arrived. We were able to track too. By noon the van arrived with my case and a rather nice young man carried the case inside for me.

A briiliant service especially as the French were being naughty with their air traffic strike. I did wonder if this might cause a problem. I'm not sure if the case went by air or by road but either way I did wonder if the strike might cause a knock on problem.

The case didn't have a mark on it either! The only way to send I think!  :)
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 21:22:01 PM »
Pretty impressive eleanor! Do you have a link to them, or other contact details?
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

tonsyl

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 06:07:37 AM »
Eleanor, I think they use a large van because we saw a guy in the services in France who was driving a Transit Panel van,full of cases and other goods, with an advert on the side, something to the effect of UK - Mallorca, daily service.