Author Topic: UK weather  (Read 10282 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
UK weather
« on: July 07, 2013, 10:48:28 AM »
We all love to moan or boast so intead of hijacking our own Irreverent weather girlies thread, let's do it here!

I'll start;

ITS BLOODY HOT!!!!   I cant even move out of the kitchen into the garden at the moment! 26 degrees in the kitchen shade, there doesn't seem to be any air outside and even the flowers look like they are panting!!  Can we never get it just right!!!??  ::)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

tonsyl

Re: UK weather
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 20:59:04 PM »
In the sun this afternoon, the gauge read 38c. The weather station in the shade read 29c but it was warm whichever way you say it. Long may it last although I do feel sorry for the workers, just think what they're missing.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 21:05:32 PM »
Doesn't look like rain tonight either! Now thats a surprise! Keep it coming!  8)

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 21:42:23 PM »
Very chilly here! 35 years today and husband hasn't a clue! Shall I remind him? - NO let him sweat!!  ;D

Beautiful here today and just the right time tide too. Mad panic though this afternoon as litle 7 year old went missing. Helicopters were out as were the police roaming the streets with loud speakers. All much a worry but thankfully the little one has now been found. Can you imagine how those poor parents felt?  Sends shivers doesn't it?

Just love waking to this beautiful weather and blue skies. I'm sure I suffer from sad or maybe i'm just plain sad!  :)
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 09:56:09 AM »
You are kidding me! 35 years! Run for those hills ~ you must be free by now!!  Hope the frost has thawed and revealed something lovely underneath!

Hot again today with a fabulous breeze! Sofa covers off, washed and drying outside. Will be testing  my muscles when I bring them in and find they have all shrunk no doubt!  ::)  Bound to storm at some point!  8)

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 12:42:08 PM »
No - still frosty i'm afraid! Oh well had a much better time watching Mama Mia by myself last night rather than being in some stuffy restaurant! I know ....35 years! flipping heck - as my Mum always says 'if I knew then what I know now......"

So lovely here even too hot to walk along the seafront as not the usual draft coming in with the tide! Just love it though. Hope the cushions fit Bella or I see a shopping trip coming on!!  ;D
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 08:32:02 AM »
Going to reach 82 in real money today evidently! All windows open with curtains and blinds half closed to save the bleaching of wood!  Work place has fans on and blinds down. Lights are forbidden - not that you need them, although we might as its so dark inside now!!   Couple of days of sun and we turn into moles to avoid it!!   ::)

My Flickr Photos

tonsyl

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 21:48:43 PM »
It got up to 31c this afternoon, in Gods' Own County, don't know what that is in old but I guess around 84f. Due to cool a little tomorrow and Thursday, then climb for the weekend. Could actually get a dry test match at Trent Bridge !

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 08:51:38 AM »
...And by Friday we have spots of rain in the morning!!  Hope that wasn't the end of summer!  ::)

My Flickr Photos

tonsyl

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 11:12:41 AM »
No rain up here Bella, although we are due some tomorrow they say. At the moment its 30c in the sun and I'm attempting to give the tarmac drive it's annual paint. Mad dogs and Yorkshiremen etc.!

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 12:23:27 PM »
Just had the tree trimmer men in so I think they appreciated it being a little cooler whilst they climbed the trees in their hard hats with heavy tools round their waits and noisy saws cutting away ................. ::) Oh, sorry, back to the weather!  Now turning lovely here with just a few stray whitish clouds. Building up for a scorcher this weekend evidently!  Get that painting done before it dries on the brush Tonsyl!  ;)

My Flickr Photos

tonsyl

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 19:16:08 PM »
You don't have a pool cleaner come round too, do you? You'll never get any work done at all if you do ! As to the painting, all "done and dusted" as they say and this afternoon we got to 29.5 in the shade, had to cool down with a couple of large G & T's. Your turn for the really hot stuff tomorrow, we will be a bit cooler and threatening a couple of thunderstorms. Could just do with this till we are back in PP. early October I think.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 22:05:59 PM »
I can manage to clean my own bird bath out, but its a thought! ::)

My Flickr Photos

tonsyl

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2013, 17:09:49 PM »
Got that wrong, didn't I ?  Very much more uncomfortable to-day, with temperatures higher, in the shade over 30c and humidity rising. With any luck we'll get a good storm to clear the air otherwise there will be a few folk having very sleepless nights to-night.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 20:26:21 PM »
Could not wish for more perfect weather than we had today! Drive out to the countryside, afternoon tea at Duddlewell Tea Rooms watching SO many classic cars drive by, then off to a Wildfowl ..... place (!)  where they were having a classic car gathering in the grounds too!!  SO glad we had a/c in the car though! You can not beat England when the weather is perfect!  8) Just a shame there are not too many days like it!

My Flickr Photos