Author Topic: UK weather  (Read 9404 times)

Chelskiboy

Re: UK weather
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2013, 15:42:21 PM »
Wet windy and hideous here !! It'd better not change when we get there   8) or I'll make Mickey suffer big time !!

girlie in the corner

• Niña el tiempo extrordinaire
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2013, 08:33:17 AM »
Have fun all of you at New Years, Chelskiboy.  (They put that ridiculous 's' on the end, don't they!)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2013, 14:26:06 PM »
Amazing day here today! Can almost here the spring bulbs pushing up! Well I could if I opened the door, put on coat and gloves and walked off some of this Christmas food. Perhaps tomorrow!  ;)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2014, 11:18:14 AM »
Weather beautiful today. Reaching 45 today so we are told. Mainly this week and most of last I have just seen it through the windows though, as the dreaded virus (who knows which one these days!) has confined me to the prison of a duvet, whether in bed or on the sofa! I have missed out on family get togethers, one of them being my own son's 30th birthday!!  I am feeling very sorry for myself and even more fed up.  But HEY, THE WEATHER IS LOOKING LOVELY!!   ;)

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2014, 12:31:49 PM »
Sorry to hear you are still unwell Bella. It's been the same this end too. One bug after another! As for the flu jab - not sure if it helped or not really.

Beautiful here too today =  blue skies and through the window could be a summers day. Step outside and flipping freezing!

Wish you better Bella.
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

tonsyl

« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2014, 14:04:05 PM »
Sorry to hear you're under the weather BD, hope you feel better soon. Eleanor, your comments re flu jabs is interesting in as much that quite a number of folk have been struck down up here and those affected most have been those that had the flu jab. Katiesmum had a bad session over Christmas and New Year, she had the jab a month or so before and for someone who almost never gets colds etc, she went down like a ton of bricks. I haven't had the jab and I have been fine so I think there is definitely a link. As to the weather, the sun has just peeped through here to-day, at last.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2014, 15:35:52 PM »
Thanks for your best wishes both of you.  Sorry to hear that illness has struck you both too. Sounds bad for Katiesmum, please send her our best wishes and virtual hug - real ones will just spread germs!!  ::) I'm never sure about the flu jab either, although both my parents have it, and my DIL has it after having very bad flu a couple of years ago, and now expecting another baby.
Have to say the only thing I take that seems to work is NightNurse, which knocks me out for about two days so I have to work out when I can take it!  ::) 

Sun just beginning to drop below some high rooftops now, leaving the sky pale blue with white whispy  clouds.  ;)

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2014, 19:08:23 PM »
This certainly seems to be a bad year for bugs doesn't it! I think every family seems to have been hit along the way. I really don't know what to think about the flu jab actually. I have to have one as I have an underlying medical problem. My husband refuses to have one. This may well change next year as he had the flu very badly this year. Thankfully I was ok then which I do put down to the jab. I had the horrid throat and cough that children seem to have a habit of passing around.
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2014, 14:28:07 PM »
They are fine IMO but can't touch Man Flue !!!!!

BL  :)
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2014, 09:32:22 AM »
Weather was pretty harsh yesterday and last night. To pinch girlies phrase, it was blowing a hoolie with lots of rain lashing the windows too! This morning has a little bit of sunshine, but not much, and it keeps changing its mind anyway! A fair bit of breeze / wind though which is giving a very nasty chill factor. Highs of 8 today, lows of 3, and at the moment its 5.
Definitely a housework day, if only to keep warm!!  ::)

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2014, 12:49:18 PM »
Freezing here but very bright and sunny. Just been for a walk along a very cold seafront. The ears are still burning with the cold but it was lovely to see the sea quite calm.

Alarmingly we saw 5 beach huts totally ruined. Roof off and sides out and a couple just a pile of wood on the beach. Sand washed up around 6 foot high so was some storm.

Agree with bella - I'm in now and will stay in but looking out of th window it looks like a love August day - step out and it's January in Siberia!
Eleanor

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2014, 11:04:15 AM »
Its really no fun any more.  :-[ So many people with dreadful problems which have been going on for months now, and no real respite in sight. Even when the floods start going down, the muck and rubbish left behind will  be another real problem to solve.  Fields and cattle have suffered too, so the back lash for food prices and availability is going to cause more anxiety.  The wind is finding its way through every nook and cranny in my house today, and the rain is due again this afternoon. Hope everyone is ok.

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2014, 12:00:12 PM »
Yes it really is awful isn't it and I feel so much fot the people who are really suffering with the flooding.

I've just been out and felt unsafe in my car as the wind was really taking it. The seafront here is closed off. The waves are huge so I sispect they are expecting the tide to hit the roads again.

I'm in for the day now!
Eleanor

tonsyl

« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2014, 15:44:22 PM »
Don't worry ladies, Dave's on the case now, all will be well soon !

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2014, 09:17:28 AM »
Well it looks like summer has arrived here, at least for the weekend! Beautiful clear sky with just a couple of small fluffy clouds in the distance at the moment! Windows opened, lawn mower beckons - may wait a couple of hours for the dew to dry off for that though!  ;) Lets hope it stays like this for a full weekend at least!  :D

My Flickr Photos