Author Topic: Rental tax / Residential tourism  (Read 9994 times)

tonsyl

Re: Rental tax / Residential tourism
« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2013, 07:18:50 AM »
Fave, if it was a civil right under LAU, why is it that contracts for some communities specifically ban rental and this has to be accepted before you can purchase. Was it not the case that the owner was not allowed to advertise his/her property also? I fancy it has been more a situation of "custom and practice" over many years which became accepted widely. As to hoteliers, maybe so, maybe not but in the case of PP there aren't enough hotel beds to accommodate demand. OK, I know there are plans afoot for more but when will that be?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 07:33:21 AM by tonsyl »

favie

• There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience.
« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2013, 18:10:14 PM »
Fave, if it was a civil right under LAU, why is it that contracts for some communities specifically ban rental and this has to be accepted before you can purchase. Was it not the case that the owner was not allowed to advertise his/her property also?

Your guess is as good mine Tonsyl, about the whole affair!!  ???  As this article states " It is a minefield of confusion and contradiction"

http://www.spanishpropertyinsight.com/2011/11/17/crack-down-on-illegal-holiday-lettings-in-the-canaries/

I have read articles that go back as far as 2007 on the very same subject...so why it has raised it's ugly head again, I just don't know maybe....more pressure from hoteliers. ???
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 18:30:18 PM by favie »

tonsyl

« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2013, 19:06:23 PM »
I could be proved to be very wrong but my personal view is that it is predominantly one big tax raising excersize, on the back of attempting to clear up the myriad of confusion over the rental market. Whatever, whoever thought of it, didn't think it out very well!

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2013, 08:46:13 AM »
Thanks to Andrew for bringing this link to my attention.  I have not copied and pasted this news item today, as I think it is interesting to read the comments after the article too;

http://ultimahora.es/mallorca/noticia/noticias/local/turistas-llegan-islas-alojan-157-apartamentos-legalizados-2.html

After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

tonsyl

« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2013, 11:22:48 AM »
Very interesting article BD, thanks for posting the link.