Author Topic: What's going on ??  (Read 2287 times)

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
What's going on ??
« on: September 10, 2013, 19:42:51 PM »
Jesus, Mother and Mary ,

What's going on, hear  the Anglicans have been banished from the Church ?? What's happened , anyone know ???

Anyone there get yourselves to Mass to get the SP !!!

What's the World coming to I ask myself ??

Me car's been stuck on "Hank " Webster's ramp for the last six months and now this !!!!!

BL  ??? ??? ???
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Tiggy

Re: What's going on ??
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 07:40:32 AM »
I heard that it was a dispute between the C of E and the RC over the communion wine and they had asked a guy to revamp the  the wine list except his name wasn't  Jesus it was J ...... ;D

andrew711

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 08:11:42 AM »
I'm very much liking the idea that it was a dispute over the communion wine. If so, it is a bottle with a label marked new vicar is in civil partnership. It's a story that should get a thorough airing but it's a tricky one to say the least. I declined the offer to go in with both barrels in The Bulletin.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 09:22:39 AM »
They're doing BARRELS of wine instead of BOTTLES?  There must be a lot of needy congregation!  ;)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 10:10:53 AM »
I'm very much liking the idea that it was a dispute over the communion wine. If so, it is a bottle with a label marked new vicar is in civil partnership. It's a story that should get a thorough airing but it's a tricky one to say the least. I declined the offer to go in with both barrels in The Bulletin.

Phew,

That's a relief ,Andrew,  thought the new Vicar might have even been a woman for a moment !!!!!( Or perhaps it is , boy that would be a dummy whammy !!!! )

Well, well , well .

Can't wait to get there in a couple of weeks to find out all

FFS , Andrew , drag the DB into the 21st Century will you !!!

Love your comment , Tiggy
 BL  ??? ???
BonysLad

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 10:14:22 AM »
Ooh! A woman would be quite acceptable surely BL?  You might get a choice of wine then!  Discuss!!!   ;D

My Flickr Photos

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 10:24:44 AM »
Think I'm going to nominate the new Vicar for the DB's " Man of the Year " award next time they run it, or do you reckon "once bitten, twice shy " , Andrew ??

BL  ;D ;D ;D
BonysLad

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 10:27:33 AM »
Are you going to nominate yourself??!!  Heaven forbid!!  ::)

My Flickr Photos

andrew711

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 10:32:21 AM »
Dragging the DB into the 21st century? You don't know how hard I'm trying, BL.

andrew711

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 09:20:53 AM »
Well, if it is the new vicar you nominate, BL, it will be a different one. The new man has stood down. Fallen on his sword, or something like that. Whether this will be enough to persuade the Bish to allow the Anglicans to use the church remains to be seen.

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 09:35:37 AM »
Andrew,

Doncha just lurve the Catholic Church ? Turn a blind eye to kiddy fiddling ( the altar boy variety ) for years and when they come up against someone in a loving stable relationship they freak out big time.

Be interesting to see if

a) they let the Anglicans in again and

b) What the reactions of the local Anglicans will be . Will they want to go and worship in a place of such hypocrisy ??

Come back Henry VIII , perhaps you weren't all that bad !!!

BL  >:( >:( >:( ( and heading for a thousand Hail Mary's )
BonysLad

tonsyl

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 11:19:34 AM »
Totally agree with the "blind eye" reference of the Catholic church and its' past attitude, however, I have reservations about the Anglican clergy and "civil partnerships". That said, it will be interesting to see the view of the congregation and their reaction to the incumbent.

andrew711

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 11:51:17 AM »
Yea, but they won't be able to react to the incumbent as he has resigned his post.

Much as though I personally don't give two hoots about whether the vicar is gay and in a civil partnership, I can't help feeling that the appointment was bound to cause a problem. Hypocritical perhaps but let's not go there where religions of all sorts are concerned ....

As he has stood down, to now not allow the Anglican community to resume its use of the church would be unfair. The poor guy is out of a job, the concession to local morals has been made, so let bygones etc.

One other point. It appears that Anglican weddings can no longer be held at the church. May not be a big issue but some of these weddings in the past have brought in a healthy number of visitors, so one could argue that the move doesn't help tourism.   

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 12:01:32 PM »

One other point. It appears that Anglican weddings can no longer be held at the church. May not be a big issue but some of these weddings in the past have brought in a healthy number of visitors, so one could argue that the move doesn't help tourism.

Yeah, but knowing their hypocrisy will probably allow civil partnership blessings !!!!

Ye Gods ( Pardon me , Vicar !!!! )

BL  >:( >:( >:(
BonysLad

tonsyl

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 12:43:13 PM »
Bad choice of word Andrew, should have said appointee, but I thought that he was "in post" until his superiors accepted his resignation and appointed a successor.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 12:47:10 PM by tonsyl »