Author Topic: Proposal to bring Pollensa area beaches up to ISO standard  (Read 929 times)

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
Proposal to bring Pollensa area beaches up to ISO standard
« on: September 12, 2013, 14:39:14 PM »
Pollensa town council has just announced on Facebook that they intend to make improvments to the management and cleanliness of the beaches in the Pollensa area..... so maybe notice was in fact taken of the earlier reports of the poor state of Formentor Beach. 
The irony of the timing of this decision is is not lost of me, given that we are not far from the end of the tourist season.  No doubt everything will be in place for next year though  ;D  and the sun bed contract will be sorted out, for once, before the tourists arrive!!  ;D
I have tried to improve the Bing translation of the Facebook post - but would be grateful if any Catalan speakers could refine it as necesary.

"With the aim of increasing the quality and environmental management of the beaches of the municipality, (both those that have services as well as those that do not), it has been decided to carry out the implementation of the integrated management systems ISO 14.001 and 001, in all the beaches of Pollença. Today has been the first meeting of the Committee.

Obtaining these certifications will be a major effort of coordination of a large number of services relating to the management of beaches.

This fact will lead to an important boost not only an environmental improvement and an increase in the quality of service received by the user, but also a major uplift in all matters to do with the media, which will strengthen the tourist positioning of the municipality and that will certainly a benefit for the community, ultimate goal of the project
. "(Translated by Bing)

Amb l'objectiu d'incrementar la qualitat ambiental i de gestió de les platges del municipi, tant les que disposen de serveis com les que no), s'ha decidit dur a terme la implantació dels sistemes integrats de gestió ISO 14.001 i 9.001, a totes les platges de Pollença. Avui ha tengut lloc la primera reunió del comité director.

La obtenció d'aquestes certificacions suposarà un important esforç de coordinació d'una gran quantitat de serveis implicatsen la gestió de les platges.

Aquest fet suposarà un important impuls no només una millora ambiental i un increment de la qualitat del servei rebut per part de l'usuari, sinó també una important repercusió mediàtica, fet que reforçarà el posicionament turístic del municipi i que suposarà certament un benefici per al comú de la població, objectiu últim del projecte.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 11:21:53 AM by Mary Lorenzo »

andrew711

Re: Proposal to bring Pollensa area beaches up to ISO standard
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 18:05:17 PM »
Seems a pretty good translation, Mary.

To be honest I don't know what real difference this would have for "tourist positioning". It's a bit like blue flags. How much attention do visitors pay to any of this? Alcudia's beaches have this ISO standard as does Playa de Muro; indeed Muro has got everything it can lay its hands on in terms of certificates and what have you.

ISO standards have long been criticised because they are quite expensive to implement and then maintain, create jobs for the boys in consultancy firms who come to advise on them and end up only doing so much for quality. They shouldn't really be needed so long as town halls and others are committed to quality and proper maintenance. 

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 10:52:23 AM by Belladonna »
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
Re: Proposal to bring Pollensa area beaches up to ISO standard
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 17:21:26 PM »
Without reading the link, Tamarells Beach has now regained "Blueflag " status according to today's DB or rather a standard of excellence along with another 14 here in Mallorca,

Can only be good news

BL  :) :)
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!