Author Topic: New Year's Celebrations!  (Read 877 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
New Year's Celebrations!
« on: December 31, 2013, 10:37:23 AM »
What are you up to tonight?  For the first time in many years, we are actually going to a function, although with the weight put on over the past few Christmas weeks, I will be struggling to find something to wear that still allows yet more food. Mind you, its also involving dancing so will try to work off a few calories then eat a few more! Previous years for the toll of Big Ben, all I had to worry about was eating the 12 grapes at each BONG without collapsing with laughter as Steve spluttered through his!

But I do wish I had thought about going to the Thames Embankment this year.  The fireworks are going to be a multi sensory experience this year. Edible banana shaped and tasting confetti will fall from the skies as yellow fireworks explode, as well as the scent of peach, strawberry and many other wafts of edible yumminess as other coloured  fireworks explode. Poppable bubbles with will release the smell of oranges will waft over the heads of the revellers too!

This will be a world first for us so lets hope it goes down amazingly well. Of course there always is the dreaded rain to contend with which may turn it into a grand Eton Mess ~ but who cares!!  I will record it and eat some grapes as well when I watch it!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/new-years-eve-2013-london-2974558

Have a great New Years Eve celebration tonight where ever and whatever you do, and I wish you all a Wonderful 2014, filled with luck and love and good health!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX   :-*

« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 10:44:28 AM by Belladonna »
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
Re: New Year's Celebrations!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 14:37:31 PM »
Be seeing it in with Minnie and Micky . However have to be in the park by 2 pm to be sure of getting in and usually closed by late afternoon. Restaurants booked from year to year so waft some of those edible banana things over here , Bella. Least no chance of rain here , warming up nicely now.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY and BEST WISHES FOR 2014

BL  :) :)
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Re: New Year's Celebrations!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 12:27:01 PM »
Good old Minnie and Micky! I see you are out in a group of like minded revellers! Have fun!
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos