Author Topic: Demonstration against the new Civil Order law  (Read 770 times)

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
Demonstration against the new Civil Order law
« on: February 20, 2014, 09:29:51 AM »
The 'Alternativa' party are calling for a demonstration by everyone who is opposed to the new Civil Order ruling to take part in a 'gathering' in the main square in Pollensa on Saturday 22nd Feb 2014 from 5pm.  They say that the new law would make some activities like cycling, skating, running and begging in the streets unlawful in the future if they cause incovenience to anyone.

The Alternativa party are planning to have music, games and various workshops in the square from 5pm in Pollensa on Saturday 22nd Feb 2014.  They say that whilst they accept that occasionally some activities could be bothersome to third parties, the new law is an infringement on personal freedoms and does not warrant the introduction of a new law.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Re: Demonstration against the new Civil Order law
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 14:25:48 PM »
If they take it too far, what happens to Market Days, bonfires, giantheads, trees being dragged through streets, sweets thrown from windows (although I do have a story about that one when my little one was still in a buggy many years ago!) There has to be a definite ruling about what actually constitutes a nuisance.  :-\
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
Re: Demonstration against the new Civil Order law
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 14:45:14 PM »
Yes, you are right Bella.....I think it's just a silly/flimsy distraction when the ruling parties should really  be thinking about making positive moves for improving the local economy and encouraging investment and tourist spend......