Author Topic: HR Borras  (Read 889 times)

tonsyl

HR Borras
« on: March 17, 2014, 11:46:18 AM »
Does anyone know what is happening at the Borras? Over the past couple of days there has been a lot of activity which looks like the old place is being re-furbed. I know some months ago there was a rumour that Tex Mex chain might be interested in the old Cultural cafe/bar but they don't run hotels, do they?

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
Re: HR Borras
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 12:01:08 PM »
I haven't heard anything either.....I'm pretty sure that Alejandro, the twin who owns/runs the Circulo Cultural Bar is a builder in his real life so it should be relatively easy for him to re-furb the Borras hostal above the bar.
I'll put some feelers out when I'm out next month.....

tonsyl

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 14:52:25 PM »
Any news on the Borras yet, apart from Bony opening a brewery there?

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 16:01:17 PM »
Well rumours abound so I cannot possibly divulge.....haha!

Dakota are going in the Circulo Cultural is one of the 'fab' rumours....no2 rumour is that a BBQ restaurant area is going in next to the Cultural.....Also a suggestion that the Circulo Cultural will become a proper restaurant.....which kinds dismisses the Dakora rumour entirely   ;)

And the Hostal is still being worked on as we speak....so nothing new to report there yet....yet....

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 18:58:03 PM »
A proper restaurant , eh , Mary ???

Maybe Burger King are relocating !!!!

BL  ;) ;D ;) ;D
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 16:20:05 PM »
haha - spoke to someone 'in the know' (nudge nudge wink wink  ;D) and the Circulo Cultural is supposedly going to offer more of a restaurant type menu when it reopens.....and the Fat Cats should be performing there at some stage in the future.
If the owner can get the service element and staff training right, it could b a winner!!