Author Topic: Guitar recital - Damia Timoner  (Read 1752 times)

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
Guitar recital - Damia Timoner
« on: March 22, 2014, 18:20:02 PM »
There's a great sounding guitar recital by Damia Timoner  taking place in the Club Pollenca in Pollensa tomorrow  evening (23rd March 2014), starting at 6pm. 
Tickets are only 7 euros - unless you are a member, in which case they are only 5 euros.

MAÑANA domingo, día 23 de marzo, a las 18.00 hrs Damià Timoner ofrecerá un recital de guitarra en el Club Pollença (plaza mayor de Pollença), un lugar idílico, con solera, con historia….
Repasará loss últimos temas de su disco "Sòlid", así como sus adaptaciones de grandes canciones como:
-Hotel California de los Eagles,Breakfast in America de Supertramp
- Dust in the wind de Kansas
- Feel your love del CD American Dream (1990) de Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
- Smells like teen spirit de Nirvana, entre otras…..

Las entradas pueden comprarse anticipadamente en el Club Pollença o el mismo día de la actuación. El precio de las mismas es de 7 € no socios y de 5 € para los socios del Club Pollença.

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
Re: Guitar recital - Damia Timoner
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 18:31:54 PM »
And here's an example of what he sounds like.....lovely - wish I could go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoY2iTnmk30

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 18:42:50 PM »
Amazing! Have just listened to a couple more on youtube too. Just beautiful. Bet he is another one we cant get CDs for!  :-[  Still listening whilst typing and I really want a CD!  Any expats around to check if there is one tomorrow please?? xxxx :-* :'(
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

tonsyl

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 08:20:37 AM »
BD, if you try the music/repair shop on Calle Munar in the old town, we've bought CDs from there in the past featuring local artists. It's on the bit of Munar between the Policia Local and the bottom of Placa Major. Run by a helpful local guy and has a decent stock of local artists. The other excellent place to get Mallorquine/Spanish stuff is the market at Arta every Tuesday. There is a brilliant stall there with an excellent stock, of CDs.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 09:17:19 AM »
Thanks Tonsyl, will take that info and see if I can find them!  ;)

My Flickr Photos

Tiggy

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 09:20:07 AM »
Check his website out and buy downloads via - i-tunes

www.damiatimoner.com

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 09:27:21 AM »
Yes, looked at the website, but unfortunately I don't do iTunes!! I love a good CD! Very old fashioned I know ~ at least its not vinyl!!  ;)

My Flickr Photos

Tiggy

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 09:32:21 AM »
 ;D

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 11:38:49 AM »
Good news for anyone who likes Damia Timoner's music....he is on Spotify so you can now listen to him for free!   ;D

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 22:40:18 PM »
Damia has posted some information about his life and his love of music on Facebook today.

FOR MY ENGLISH SPEAKING FRIENDS:

I was born in Manacor, Mallorca, which is an island in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea. Instead of showing preference for fishing-rods, lines and nets, I chose the strings of the Spanish guitar. I studied classical guitar and when I was 20, began composing my own pieces of music.

In 1992 I released my first album, and since then have steadfastly developed my form and career. This loyalty to my work and to what I love has given me the strength and determination to release a new album with original compositions every 2 or 3 years.

I now have a total of 8 albums, which I hope will communicate the deep respect I have for the art and for all those who enjoy it.

I have had the honour of sharing the stage with musicians like Raimundo Amador, Ariel Rot, Kepa Junquera, Javier Vargas and Marc Grau. Moreover, I have been able to share musical experiences with Donovan, Lluis Llach, Raimón, DJ Sammy and with bands such as La Búsqueda, Ocults, Cap on Nam, La Fosca and Cap Pela.

I love playing with other musicians, but there is nothing I enjoy more than sharing my art alone on a stage with my guitar. The Grateful Dead, Allman Brothers, Deep Purple, Byrds, Genesis, The Police, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, AC/DC are the artists I usually listen to. Michael Hedges, Alex Degrassi and Don Ross are some of the influences under which I compose.

I’ll stop here because, well, I need a coffee… admittedly, my worst vice. Thank you for visiting my website, and I hope to see you in person along this musical journey soon….
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 22:42:06 PM by Mary Lorenzo »

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 22:44:06 PM »
And Damia Timoner's CD's can be purchased in the music shop called  Discos Ba-Ba  in Manacor.  His latest release is called 'Solid'.

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 21:49:26 PM »
Great news! Damia Timoner will have a regular spot at the Hotel Miramar on Sundays this season :-)

Every Sunday from 9pm to 11pm will be with us Damià Timoner and his Magic Spanish Guitar. We hope to see you there!!!!!

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2014, 17:21:06 PM »
Ah just discovered that Damia Timoner has not one but two evening gigs at the Miramar Hotel in Puerto Pollensa.

At the moment he will be playing there on both Thursday and Sunday evenings from 9pm till 11pm. (Sept 2014)

And here's a little reminder of how good his music is...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNFLulJSoJE

« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 17:23:19 PM by Mary Lorenzo »

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 01:11:21 AM »
We really enjoyed the guitar recital by Damia Timoner at the Miramar Hotel last night.
Do try to go along to hear him play on Thursday evenings and Sunday evenings during the month of Sept 2014.  He also has a selection of his CD;s on sale too  :)

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 14:46:12 PM »
Great news!  I've just heard from Damia Timoner and he will be returning to the Hotel Miramar this coming season (2015) to play his guitar on Thursday and Sunday evenings there.
Don't miss him - he's really good!  :) :) :)