Author Topic: A few changes around the port  (Read 1064 times)

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
A few changes around the port
« on: April 11, 2014, 12:06:44 PM »
I guess that it is inevitable that local internet cafes will find it harder to find business now that so many bars, hotels and restaurants offer free wi-fi but still sad to see that VicAna Internet cafe (opposite Barclays Bank) has closed for good. :-(

If you are looking for reading material, and don't want to lug books from home, the little shop called Agora, next to Barclays Bank has a small selection at the back of the shop.  It's a bit of a strange mix as the main goods on sale are glass and jewellery.  The lady owner explained that each second hand book costs 5 euros but if you finish it and want to take it back you will get a 2 euros 50 credit towards another one.  (The Allen Graham Shop also has a good range of second hand books.)

The clothing shop opposite Tribeca Restaurant has now been taken over and transformed into a rather snazzy jewellery shop.   :)

The HiperCentro has always been a good supermarket in my view....and prices are generally cheaper than in the more 'touristy' supermarkets.  They have now added a fresh fish counter at the back of the frozen food area of the shop.  Good selection and good service from the lady fish monger there.  ;D

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 09:27:32 AM by Mary Lorenzo »

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
Re: A few changes around the port
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 17:56:58 PM »

The HiperCentro has always been a good supermarket in my view....and prices are generally cheaper than in the more 'touristy' supermarkets.  They have now added a fresh fish counter at the back of the frozen food area of the shop.  Good selection and good service from the lady fish monger there.  ;D

Is that new ? Seem to recall getting me Addock from there , maybe I was in Eroski  ( I am getting more and more confused theses days !!!! )

BL  ;) :)
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 18:50:13 PM »
Well it was a new fishy experience for me Bro!  :)  Yes, big fish counter in Eroski and even better one in Alcampo but the one in HiperCentro is a nice 'tiddler' to use in my view.

I was told it had only been there for a few months...but then again that could be 'Mallorcan months' :-)

and this from someone who has been waiting for the Electrican to arrive since 3.30pm this afternoon....and still waiting.....

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 18:50:24 PM »
Have you had your lightbulb moment yet Mary?  :o
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 09:26:02 AM »
Sadly not Bella.....waited and waited but the electrician never arrived....This is their very busy time of year so hope to see him later in the year when we come back out.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 13:32:14 PM »
Ah yes, I remember that scenario trying to get my WiFi installed! It will happen, eventually!  ;)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos