Author Topic: Bits and bobs from April '14 (!!)  (Read 2526 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Bits and bobs from April '14 (!!)
« on: April 19, 2014, 21:59:10 PM »
Nightmare arrival when Steve informed me that he had forgotten his driving licence!!  We may never use Europcar again as they were SO unhelpful and it cost us a fortune to put me as main driver, then no usual upgrade but they wanted nearly 30€ EXTRA per DAY for the honour!  Politely declined - well, actually it wasn't that polite as Steve was well annoyed!! Car hire is definitely far more expensive this year, will be looking more carefully for our next visit.
I became even more annoyed when he 4 hours later he realised his licence was in a flap that he hadn't looked in in the holiday wallet!!   >:(

Spring cleaning is going v e r y   s l o w l y, as the weather is lovely and I keep needing breaks for long lunches outside.  Beach is a bit stony this year, but the sand is lovely and warm.

Already met up with some members and a few more likely. Some great meals, some ok, not been pleased with the wines on offer as house wines though. Must try harder. 
Stephanos is very attractive, but pretty pricey and we did hear the comment "For 23€ there are certainly not enough chips!"

We watched the procession for the first time - and possibly the last - and got trapped there for 3 hours! May try the Moors and Christians next!

Can Curassa tonight which was wonderful as always. They all say it has been a slow March (not the left right type) but hoping it will pick up in June! The season hasn't even started yet guys!!  ::)

Going to try to get the microwave and toaster spring cleaned tomorrow before I demand an alfresco lunch!

Oh, and the goats are back in the field sometimes too - until the farm dog chases them back into the mountains.  The tree that had to be completely taken down has given us a great view! every cloud has a silver lining as they say!  8)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 08:49:55 AM by Belladonna »
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
Re: Bits and bobs from April '04
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 11:26:01 AM »
Bella,

Steve needs to get himself a "Man Bag " , despite my friends taking the piss I can get everything I need into mine and it's always with me. Wallet, Specatacles, iPhone, handkerchief , spare pair of false teeth ,change of underpants, comb , condoms ….. the list is endless !!!!

Don't overdo scribbling the toaster , remember water and leccy don't mix.

We're looking forward to a full report on Stephano's on your return, new kid on the block deserves it

Have fun

BL  ;) ;D
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 11:50:03 AM »
Great post Bella....although sorry to hear that Europcar did nothing to look after a very loyal customer.  Maybe worthwhile your popping a note on their Facebook profile.... If it's any consolation, I did the same many years ago....arrived at Edinburgh Airport only to realise that my driving licence was in my Spanish purse...... :-[

Glad to read that Can Curassa was good still  :)

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 14:07:45 PM »
Oh gosh How flipping annoying! I'm surprised Steve didn't volunteer to do all the spring cleaning for you Bella!  ::)

I suppose the plus is you won't now have to do the driving.

I agree with Mary that a quick message of displeasure should be passed in the direction of Europcar. They have you on record as being a good client and know you visit often during the year. Just not good customer service!

Enjoy those warm sands as pretty yek here today!  :(
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

girlie in the corner

• Niña el tiempo extrordinaire
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 08:13:30 AM »
Did this all happen 10 years ago Bella?  ;D 

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Bits and bobs from April '14 (!!)
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 08:54:52 AM »
No idea what you mean girlie!!  ::)

Lol!  I typed this out on my mobile to start when I was feeling rough and when the internet on the laptop was down. Realised the error but didn't get back to fix it before it was noticed!!  ;)

Off to BSF now as they have kindly got lots of Sin Gluten bits in for us for when our daughter arrives on Sunday.  I think I now have more sin gluten in the cupboards "just in case", than any other food!!!  ;D

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 19:31:35 PM »
I forgot to mention this and only just remembered! When we went to Alcudia market in April, we went to park in the car park just opposite the church the other side of the lights, normal one for everyone. A guy was there directing the cars to line up sensibly and making a pretty good job of it too actually! He was wearing a cap and hi viz jacket and certainly looked the part. After we unloaded usual water bag, hats etc and found him still standing close by, Steve went to him to ask how much we owed for a ticket, thinking that yet another place was charging. He just looked at us and smiled and shrugged saying, it's free, but a donation maybe? We gave him a euro for his trouble! A cheeky scam? Almost certainly, but it made us smile and the cars were very neat for a change!!  :D

My Flickr Photos

tonsyl

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 19:39:57 PM »
Call me cynical if you like but, he also got a very good look at what was in your car. I wonder how far away his mates were???

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2014, 20:53:06 PM »
Ooo! How very cynical tonsyl,  but uncomfortably possible in some cases. I'm sure he was just a chancer! In the nicest possible way of course!  ;D

My Flickr Photos

girlie in the corner

• Niña el tiempo extrordinaire
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 08:06:40 AM »
We've found this in a number of car parks across the island, so its quite common.  Chancer, perhaps.  But its a service that we all appreciate, so why the hell not!

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 10:00:35 AM »
Too right girlie! It really did make a difference where people were parking, and not parking! It is amazing how putting on a high viz jacket makes you important though!  ;D

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 12:03:52 PM »
Steve has been asked to video a friends wedding in October, he did a good job of her sisters one in Australia, but that was a good few years ago and not much done since so a bit worried. Also, the old video has been replaced with a new smaller one. So, he decided to use it just for testing purposes this holiday, altering SP for LP, Zoom for no zoom etc etc. We have only just looked at it.  Obviously enough, along with various zoo visits etc there is a bit done on the beach. Zooming in and out on boats, zooming in and out on birds, zooming in and out on the fire plane ............. and zooming in and out on a topless sunbather!!! He swears blind that he didn't know what he was zooming in and out on as the sun was in his eyes and it blurred when zoomed in etc etc!  Actually I do believe him, but boy, have I made him suffer!!  ;D ;)

My Flickr Photos

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 12:51:28 PM »
Sounds like a healthy interest to me Bella . Once asked some Aussie lifeguards on Surfers if I could photograph em in their bright yellow tee shirts covering rippling muscles.
Strewth , they said it was illegal and called me all sorts of things .

Relax in the knowledge that he is still interested in the finer things in life !!!

Auntie BL ( Agony Aunt )  ;D ;D
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2014, 08:48:00 AM »
Of course he is! He's still married to me!  ;D

My Flickr Photos