Author Topic: Car Hire  (Read 11465 times)

Eleanor

• Elite Member
Re: Car Hire
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2013, 11:23:14 AM »
I think this really will make people think. So many times we hear of people renting a car and it stands outside and we are guilty too. As we are close to the Port we only now rent as and when we know we have lots of chores to do. The Resort Hoppa suits us and drops just around the corner. I suppose the next thing will be that they put their prices up and we will be fighting for seats as it becomes more popular.

This is so short sighted as Mallorca needs revenue we know but how many people will be put out of work when rental companies start to shut down? This includes mechanics and other add on staff too of course. So silly! Does Mallorca really wish to pass it's tourism to say Turkey which all in all is so mucher cheaper?  ::) Many are thinking and many are unhappy!  >:(
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Flyer

Car Hire # Holiday Autos
« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2013, 12:22:19 PM »
20% discount of Holiday Autos website for car bookings before end June 2013 by booking on Mon 15th April and using code CRMSALE15. Add this to the 15% discount link on the members page + book via Quidco for total discount (minimum 5 days rental) in excess of 35%.
Received a text today which read GNAB ~ I think that is bang out of order. It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty - there is clearly more room for more wine. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Flyer

Car Hire ~ Holiday Autos
« Reply #122 on: May 07, 2013, 07:59:43 AM »
Save 12% with promo code MAYMED12   
Book by Sunday 12th  May for pick-ups through to 15th  July 2013.

Further 15% discount via link previously provided so book via Quidco for 27% + discount.
Received a text today which read GNAB ~ I think that is bang out of order. It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty - there is clearly more room for more wine. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #123 on: July 17, 2013, 09:32:25 AM »
MALLORCA TODAY - Mallorca's rent-a-car association attacks pricing abuses by multinational hire-car agencies

The association which represents some 250 rent-a-car companies in the Balearics has attacked pricing practices adopted by multinational agencies which can mean that a booking made via the internet for what appears to be, for example, five euros a day can rise dramatically on account of payments for petrol and insurance. The association has noted the complaints being made on social networks about these practices, distancing itself and its members from these large car-hire companies and calling on the regional government to regulate the sector and to step in in order to protect the tourism image of Mallorca and the Balearics.

After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2013, 09:50:12 AM »
Heard on the radio that there is a site that searches for hire car co's that only operate a full to full fuel policy.

For the life of me can't remember it but anyone know it ??

BL  ??? ???
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2013, 10:19:47 AM »
Not read it through completely BL, but is this the company?

http://www.carjet.com/blog/get-clever-with-your-car-hire-avoid-paying-extra-for-fuel

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 10:34:31 AM by Belladonna »

My Flickr Photos

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2013, 17:57:47 PM »
Think so, BD

Many thanks

BL  :) :)

Have they bloomed yet ??
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2013, 20:18:39 PM »
Lol! Stop cross pollinating social networks!  ;D

My Flickr Photos

Flyer

Re: Car Hire - Europcar
« Reply #128 on: May 06, 2016, 14:20:38 PM »
Haven't used Europcar for ages now due to having my own car. Obviously they miss me ( :)) as they have today sent me some discount codes to be used prior to the month end when booking a Europcar. Assume these will work for anyone and not confined to UK if you pay in sterling so ....
• WEMISSYOU10 for £10 off a minimum spend of £50
• WEMISSYOU20 for £20 off a minimum spend of £100
• WEMISSYOU30 for £30 off a minimum spend of £150

Hope they work for you ...... good firm IMO however can be a little more expensive than the likes of Hiper/Rekord/Goldcar but service generally good.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #129 on: May 06, 2016, 16:30:56 PM »
Wish I had seen this two days ago!!  8)

My Flickr Photos

Flyer

Re: Car Hire - crazy price
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2016, 10:43:14 AM »
Just booked some flights for November. We leave our car in the garage over the winter months using Park & Fly in the summer where a 6 month booking (March to September for us) cost €299. Any way we need to get from the airport to the Port and once there we have our own car to run around in ..... sometimes we use ResortHoppa or TiB but we have also used a one way Europcar in the past ....collecting at the airport and dropping off (inside 24 hours) at their Alcudia office. So just booked a one way Fiat 500 in November, full > full petrol, under 24 hours for £2.99 so being as there are 3 of us going it works out less than £1 each plus fuel  :o

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2016, 11:57:27 AM »
Wow!  That is a great deal!  ;D

Flyer

Re: Car Hire - Europcar
« Reply #132 on: May 23, 2016, 09:58:36 AM »
Europcar have 7 days for the price of 5 in Mallorca > https://www.europcar.co.uk/deals/spain-7x5#xtor=ES-1-[EC_UK_B2C_CrossborderMay2016]-201605-[Spain-Main]