Author Topic: Great New Addition  (Read 933 times)

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
Great New Addition
« on: May 11, 2014, 14:48:43 PM »
Pleased to see this morning that the Pollenca Sunday morning market has been enhanced by a great "Cuban Band " who play now regularly at the bottom of the Square . Not shown , a good trumpeter with them. A vast improvement over the pan pipe group in the PP market .

BL  :) :)
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Kate1

Re: Great New Addition
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 11:32:35 AM »
They are fabulous - Rumba Katxai! We bought their CD, which was 8E well-spent as it really brings back that holiday atmosphere - guaranteed to put you in a good mood. The pan pipe group (sadly) do still play in the Pollensa market too - they've given them the early slot when there's hardly anyone around - and Rumba Katxai take over at around 11AM.

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 13:03:15 PM »
Kate,

Spoke to one of them and apparently they are Chilean but still play in the Cuban style.

BonysLad

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 14:19:48 PM »
A few You Tube posts with them playing, a short one here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjK2N4Ze5xI   

Love the sound of them! We bought some CDs whilst in Cuba and they definitely would be on my buy list in Mallorca. Pan pipes have had their day, loved them about 10 years ago, pretty fed up with them now, although I do appreciate the talent.  :)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 17:00:19 PM »
yeah, there's only so many times you can enjoy Abba's Fernando on the pipes !!!!!

BonysLad