Author Topic: Lanzarote  (Read 1771 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Lanzarote
« on: May 17, 2014, 22:53:34 PM »
We are hoping to go to Lanzarote next year but having problems finding decent flights. Checking this years flights for guidance as it's next September we are looking for. Times seem horrid and we will have 2 young children with us. Any help for best airline to use please?
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

tonsyl

Re: Lanzarote
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 09:43:05 AM »
It may be the flying time that is causing the problem BD. With a rotation of 9+ hours I know many of the airlines use their aircraft for the short trips early in the day, then do the longer flights later which means a crap return time to UK.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 09:52:50 AM »
It is causing problems! We get so complacent with the easyjet availability to PP that when we have to start looking at other airlines for times that don't involve getting young children up at about 2am to get to the airport, it all  becomes a bit daunting. There will be between 8 and 10 of us going and we already have accommodation in mind but cant book until we at least have some idea of flights!! Definitely need to fly from Gatwick or Stanstead. Any suggestions of airlines which we may have missed - to be fair we only started looking late last night, and by "we" I mean Steve - would be greatly appreciated. It has to be a 7 day, same day out and return I think for the accommodation, although I  may just contact them to see if they are flexible! Oh the stress!!  ::)

My Flickr Photos

tonsyl

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 09:59:22 AM »
Have a look at Thomson Fly. They have some early morning departures from Gatwick on a Thursday, take off 07.00, back mid afternoon. Youngsters are always excited at going away and usually are up at the crack of dawn so that might be preferable to having very tired and grotty kids on a return at 1am or similar.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 10:01:48 AM »
Thanks Tony, will check them out. Have just enquired about renting for odd days, as one company goes out at a reasonable time on a Wednesday but there is no return flight on a Wednesday!  Thursdays seem a good day though so will follow that up.  ;)

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 10:22:46 AM »
Blimey! £££££££££  !!   :o   Need to start the holiday fund!  8)  Three day options though which is good.  ;)

My Flickr Photos

tonsyl

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 12:05:53 PM »
Get it spent...........you only live once so enjoy!!!

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 13:33:29 PM »
Lanzarote ???? September ????

Why not descend en masse here to PP ???

Easy flights , and you will always get accommodation here .

Can understand Xmas or Jan but Sept ???

BL  ??? ???
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 14:14:33 PM »
Don't forget Southend airport Bella. Good luck!  :)
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 16:30:50 PM »
BL. I love PP and the island in general of course, it goes without saying. We have had quite a few important celebrations there over the years, but we always end up as tour guides naturally! I would love to go somewhere where it is all relatively new for everyone so we can explore things together.   That saying, it has already caused raised voices this morning so I may just change my mind!!  ::) I had hoped for a family holiday in the Caribbean but the length of flight has put them off of flying with young children, which I totally agree with. Shame though, as AI in the Caribbean is pretty good value!  :-\
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 16:37:43 PM by Belladonna »

My Flickr Photos

Cath

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 19:59:25 PM »
Before  PP we used to love  Nerja and  Frigliana on costa del sol  where there are some gorgeous villas,great beaches etc ...shorter flight times to Malaga than to lanzarote and prob better times  :)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 20:50:20 PM »
Yes , I have started thinking about mainland Spain too! Getting confused now!  ::)

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 21:20:03 PM »
Nerja is lovely. We have been a few times mostly in the winter. The winter is much warmer than Mallorca and not as damp. As Cath said it is much closer being only a couple of hours or so away and probably a better selection of flights to Malaga.

Another place on the mainland which is lovely and warm in the winter and again offering a nice selection of villas is Mahaka (not sure if correct spelling)  ::)

Did you check out Southend airport for flights to Lanzarote?
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 21:23:33 PM »
No Eleanor, haven't got round to that. Most airlines haven't released for Lanzarote yet so it's a bit frustrating.

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2014, 21:26:39 PM »
Just checked for you Bella  :(  If next year is similar to this year then you need a mortgage!
Very expensive and looks like a choice of Thomson or Thomson!!  ::)
Eleanor