Author Topic: Bay Watch  (Read 799 times)

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
Bay Watch
« on: May 21, 2014, 18:18:54 PM »
Lifeguards have been appointed for the season for the beaches in Puerto Pollensa, formentor....and Cala San Vincente....from 15th May 2014 to 15th October 2014. Their hours of surveillance will also be increased by half an hour in high season.

AQUEST ÉS L'EQUIP DE SOCORRISTES!!!

Avui dematí s'ha presentat en el Port de Pollença l'equip de socorristes. Enguany, el servei de prevenció d’accidents, vigilància, salvament i socorrisme als usuaris de les platges d’Albercuix i Tamarells al Port de Pollença, la platja de Formentor, i les de Cala Barques i Cala Molins a Sant Vicenç s'incrementarà en 15 dies. Així el servei es perllongarà del 15 de maig al 15 d’octubre i també hi haurà un increment de l’horari de 30 minuts més en temporada alta.

Aquesta temporada també s'oferirà un servei d'accessibilitat universal a la platja d’Albercutx, en el Port de Pollença, adreçat a les persones amb discapacitats físiques i psíquiques.
THIS IS THE TEAM OF LIFEGUARDS!

Today the morning has been presented at the Port of Pollença, the team of lifeguards. This year, the service of accident prevention, surveillance, rescue and lifesaving users from the beaches of Albercuix and Tamarisks in Port de Pollença, Formentor Beach and Cala Barques Cala Molins in St. Vincent will be increased by 15 days. So the service will be extended from 15 May to 15 October and there will also be an increase in the time of 30 minutes in high season.

This season will also be offered a service of universal accessibility to the beach overlooking the sea in Port de Pollença, aimed at people with physical and mental disabilities. (Translated by Bing)
AQUEST ÉS L'EQUIP DE SOCORRISTES!!! Avui dematí s'ha presentat en el Port de Pollença l'equip de socorristes. Enguany, el servei de prevenció d’accidents, vigilància, salvament i socorrisme als usuaris de les platges d’Albercuix i Tamarells al Port de Pollença, la platja de Formentor, i les de Cala Barques i Cala Molins a Sant Vicenç s'incrementarà en 15 dies. Així el servei es perllongarà del 15 de maig al 15 d’octubre i també hi haurà un increment de l’horari de 30 minuts més en temporada alta. Aquesta temporada també s'oferirà un servei d'accessibilitat universal a la platja d’Albercutx, en el Port de Pollença, adreçat a les persones amb discapacitats físiques i psíquiques.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 18:23:44 PM by Mary Lorenzo »

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Re: Bay Watch
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 21:36:42 PM »
Lifeguards eh! That is such good news in so many ways!   ;) 8)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 15:46:54 PM »
Well Bay Watch in Puerto Pollensa was in action yesterday.

There was some thunder & lightening and the lifeguard came along the Pine Walk, instructing all the bathers to get out of the water.   There was a bit of confusion and he had to blow his whistle at a few to get them to leave the water.   :o

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 15:56:09 PM »
Well if that had been me I would definitely obeyed his command and requested physical assurance that I was perfectly safe. Or made him swim in rescue me, I cant quite decide!  ::) Hope everyone was ok though.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 20:39:09 PM by Belladonna »
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos