Author Topic: World Cup  (Read 745 times)

Flyer

World Cup
« on: June 09, 2014, 06:35:08 AM »
WORLD CUP MATCHES ..... I just wondered where the Bony fraternity were likely to be viewing. Made arrangements for Italy on Saturday and think I am 'sorted' for the matches on 19th (Uruguay) and 24th (Costa Rica) however thoughts re decent bars with women, without women, inside with air con, cheep drinks and/or places with food appreciated. Other than Spain v Holland I must confess as not being interested in any of the other first round games but if anyone else has better ideas please let me know.

I'll kick off with Guru - you can book a table where those who don't want to watch have their back to the TV and always had a decent meal there, monster wine glasses and nice atmosphere.

Laguna bar has a good atmosphere as well on match days and great for just a drink.

Gents - want to talk football and have a haircut at the same time visit Pedro (next to Guru) - he will know more about your UK team than you do!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 06:45:08 AM by Flyer »
Received a text today which read GNAB ~ I think that is bang out of order. It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty - there is clearly more room for more wine. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
Re: World Cup
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 08:14:53 AM »
Bit of a dilemma for us England fans now that Bar Med has closed its doors cos the witty repartee between a lot of the lads here was always as good as the footie. Chelskiboy and I have been mulling over this huge problem for a few weeks now. As the Italy game Sat is a midnight ko here and probably the key game of our group have plumped for atmosphere. So to that end we will be in O'Haras and expect Gasoline Alley to be bursting at the seams .

Spain I always watch over a fry up with the best Rioja money can buy in Jokers . Have watched Spain win the last World Cup and the Euros in this fashion so a bit reluctant to break the superstition ( think a lot feel like me and want to support both England and Spain ) . However may watch the early Spain games in the Marina and then to Joker in the later rounds.

Flyer, the consideration of wimmin isn't an issue this is footie , my friend , let them stick to stroking kittens etc.

Finally Yup Pedro is very knowledgeable and I watch quite a lot of Spanish footie with him. He just sips a glass of vino all match and says to me why do you English drink so much . Six pints per game is nuffing !!!

BL  :) :) :)
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Flyer

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 09:06:28 AM »
Thanks for that BL - Jokers sounds a good one but prefer a fry up AM although have been known to be partial to a nice Rioja from breakfast onwards. Look out for the little silver scooter parked outside .... likely to be left there overnight as well. Car ready - will post a pic when taken.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 09:14:37 AM by Flyer »
Received a text today which read GNAB ~ I think that is bang out of order. It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty - there is clearly more room for more wine. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 22:26:40 PM »
Well done , Flyer.

Me flags are coming out Thursday , don't want to appear too ostentatious yet !!!

BL  ;D ;D
BonysLad

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 09:14:50 AM »
We have an Italian living next door to us, and if he isn't working Saturday night its going to get a bit noisy between the two houses! Look forward to your photos guys, some may even be in focus!  ;D
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 20:38:41 PM »
Bony Towers suitably bedecked for the Big KO tomorrow.

Tasteful eh , Guys ???

Unfortunately , unlike the Beeb sending a cast if thousands at our cost , the Bonygraph will have to rely on News feeds etc . However will probably not detract from the quality of the journalism

Eeek Aye Addio !!!!!

BL  ;) ;D
BonysLad

tonsyl

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 06:31:09 AM »
Wot, no flag pole BL? Could have been like Buck House, up when you're in and lowered when you're out amongst the peasants!

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 07:58:42 AM »
I'll have you know Tonysl no one has the common touch more than me !!!!

BL  ;D ;D
BonysLad