Author Topic: Strange text - is it a scam?  (Read 628 times)

Eleanor

• Elite Member
Strange text - is it a scam?
« on: July 14, 2014, 18:20:02 PM »
I would like to inform other property owners of a text message I have received twice today. This text message states that they are renting our property and have lost all details including the address and can we please re-send everything to an email address. This has been sent by 2 different people asking me to send to 2 different email addresses.

I do not have any booking information relating to either of the names given in the text message. The text message has not been sent from a phone but by a computer. I have emailed bothe the email addresses given asking for more information from them and have received no reply.

Both texts were very informal and first name terms ( names and our phone number given on our ads) obviously intended to put off guard. It may well be that an address and info along with calender details of availability may be used in a dishonest way. Had it been one text I may have just thought it to be a mistake but 2 my guard is up.

Thought this worth mentioning to others.
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Re: Strange text - is it a scam?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 20:42:45 PM »
Thanks eleanor. Good that you are on your guard!  :)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos