Author Topic: October and November 2014  (Read 3811 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
October and November 2014
« on: October 27, 2014, 08:27:45 AM »
Weather has been amazing so far, but a little cloudy this morning. Naturally I have packed totally wrong for every day somehow! Mossies are driving me loopy, waking up every morning with bites on my feet, thumb joint, arms! Bedroom glows like a landing strip with the amount of mossie plug ins I have. And the blighter sounded as if he was a flipping Boeing 747 the other night buzzing around my head, with me acting like one of those guys directing the planes into land, batting my arms around like a loony!
TV is limited now, only getting itv in any real state to watch, so have given up totally, going cold turkey and playing Robbie on CD loop.
Lots of activity re the charity event up and coming, and some great prizes up for raffle prizes still being donated.
Worst meal so far ,Trio, they are closing/now closed, so really can't be bothered so I don't blame them. Best... probably Villa in the square, although El Casinet is damn good too! Looking forward to Can Caurassa before it closes, and a few more along the way. Casinet booked with friends for next week. I may have to starve for a day or so at some point!
Perhaps that will stop the mossies eating me too!   ::)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 08:30:02 AM by Belladonna »
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
Re: October and November 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 09:57:17 AM »
Don't ever go to Oz, Bella as you crunch on the spiders when you go to the Loo in the night !!! Even more dangerous than sleeping with Oscar Pistorius !!!!

BL  ;D ;D
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

tonsyl

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 10:52:14 AM »
Only a thought BD but, have you tried taking Cetirizine (or similar). My doctor put me on a very small daily dose a while back for an allergy I developed and whilst they don't stop the little blighters biting, the "after effects" are minimised. I used to come up in mountain size lumps but now they are only pinprick sized and not very itchy. Only a thought but it might work.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 15:41:13 PM »
Thanks for the thought tonsyl. I dint think I have an allergy, just my year to be bitten! Steve on the other hand carries round the name of the antibiotics that saved him after being bitten on the face a couple of years ago by a spider!  :o
Cloudy day today although still lovely, but we wasted it by driving all over the flaming island trying to find replacement single beds which don't require a small mortgage! Popped into Olive Art at Manacor for a leg stretch and was so disappointed to see how it has deteriorated that we wished we had just carried on! Now realise we have missed lunch! Just one of those days I guess.
Had a coffee at Swing and we were given complimentary warm brownies to go with them, nice touch!

My Flickr Photos

Flyer

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 09:29:31 AM »
BD - got our singles from Al Campo (great service and beds) and also think Carrefour sell similar .... might be worth another round island trip taking in the delights of the Palma supermarkets.
See you soon  :)
Received a text today which read GNAB ~ I think that is bang out of order. It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty - there is clearly more room for more wine. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Cath

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 18:59:43 PM »
I was mauled by mozzies this year and I never get bitten  :(

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 19:13:11 PM »
One remedy which has always worked for us has been to take Vit B tablets before going and then every day whilst there.  Some pharmacist friends told us it works by making your blood unattractive to mozzies and in hot weather the big benefit is that it does not sweat off like lotions and potions...Maybe worth a try?

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 21:27:41 PM »
Have kept moxie plug ins on all day and all night in the bedroom. Curtains closed before any lights on. Seems to have worked, although forgot when in the other bedroom getting ready and counted three of the horrors which had snuck in! Only swatted two of them before we went out to Can Cuarassa tonight - which was absolutely lovely as per usual, although a great deal fuller than usual too - so no idea where the last one will turn up!

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 08:25:06 AM »
Meant to post a long extremely interesting post on caves, coffee, views, cats and German families, including sun , rain and thunder and lightening. But took too long and lost the lot, so just make up the bits in between! Meanwhile, I am trapped in bed unable to move as my back has locked up totally. Steve has just gone out to find Magic cream, or run away! And it's sunny! No mozzie bites though!  ::)

My Flickr Photos

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 10:05:59 AM »
Chin Up, Bella

At least no one took a technicolor yawn through your car window !!!!

BL  ;D ;D
BonysLad

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 14:48:38 PM »
After strong painkiller cream and even stronger pills, ("we already have painkillers thank you" says hubby to farmacia lady "ah yes, but you need proper painkillers, not UK ones!" She replies!!!) we drove carefully and slowly to CSV and seated ourselves at the lovely terrace oh Hotel Nui in the sun. As they are closing tomorrow, they had very little to offer us, so just made do with coffee, water, great views, people watching, boat watching and sunshine. We survived surprisingly well!  ::)
Then decided to go back to the port for a light lunch of calamari romana for Steve and melon and ham for me at Brisas. Very bad decision. As they too are closing tomorrow, the sangria was rubbish, the calamari chewy and stale, the melon old and the ham tough. The price was more than if we had eaten at Stay! Disgusted with them. Naturally we didn't complain of course!!  :-\

My Flickr Photos

tonsyl

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 15:26:04 PM »
Gees, this woman sure knows how to enjoy a holiday!!

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 15:41:07 PM »
All the extremes tonsyl!  ;)

My Flickr Photos

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 16:33:14 PM »
There's a moral there somewhere , Bella. If you frequent places that stay open all year you generally get better food . Admit thats a huge generalisation but in my mind you won't go far wrong . Why Brisas ? Have you been to Brisa Marina ?

BL  ??? ???
BonysLad

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 16:38:34 PM »
Yes, totally agree as we have been finding out! Although we don't always find out it's their last day until we have ordered! Like the view from Brisas with no traffic, and just fancied something light. Perhaps they should put their closing day on the outside menu board!  ;D

My Flickr Photos