Author Topic: October and November 2014  (Read 3798 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Re: October and November 2014
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2014, 08:44:17 AM »
Tapas route on Thursday. La Bodaguita (sp) definitely won us over this time. Chill out Tym is trying very hard to make its name in a difficult location, fingers crossed. Ended up at Rosa Blanca to rock the night away with John Lynam and guests. Just gotta luv him imo!! Mini lock in added to interest! Paid for following morning I fear with strange thumping in head and back very angry again!
Spent the day coastal hugging at S'illot and La Victoria to blow the cobwebs away in the sunshine, beautiful day.
All good plans fall apart, but there is usually a silver lining. We came over this time of year to experience Halloween. Decided on our evening meal at Can Joseph's before he closed for the season, then planned to go to the square. Well, come midnight, all kiddies and grow ups were wandering back home past the restaurant whilst hubby and Joseph talked shop! Totally missed the kids in the square and had so many drinks with Joseoh that had to give Nozzies a miss! Wandered round and caught up with some friends at Bonnies, but bowed out of carrying on when they moved to Nozzies themselves!
Wouldn't have missed chatting with Joseph for the world though!  ;)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2014, 16:01:00 PM »
Took the long drive up past Lluc to Soller. Stunning scenery all the way, but a long old drive! Steve had to really concentrate as there were a lot of motorbikes on the way down, as well as racing bikes. A bit scarey on some of the bends I can tell you! Soller was brilliant, went straight to the port and had fresh Soller Orange juice and Tapas lunch at El Pirata. Very scrummy. Mooched around in the 30+ degree heat with a couple of ice creams melting faster than we could eat them, and then did the faster drive home via the tunnel so we can have a rest before tonight's Mulligan extravaganza!  :D

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2014, 18:07:03 PM »
Hi Bella sounds as if you are having a wonderful time. I can't keep up with the things you are doing! I love Soller. We did look at buying there many moons ago. A townhouse right o the front which I remember clearly. I often wonder about that little house!  Gosh yes that drive throught the mountains - just scary isn't it especailly when meeting a coach coming the other way!  :o

30 degrees isn't at all bad is it? It's pretty good here too with 21 yesterday and 19 today - can't be bad for November down South! Sitting with a jumper now mind you as we have that chilly dampness we know so well in Mallorca.

How's the back doing? AND of course the head?? Good job Steve bought those pain kllers! Enjoy!  :)
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2014, 18:33:38 PM »
Wandered round and caught up with some friends at Bonnies, but bowed out of carrying on when they moved to Nozzies themselves!

Bella,

Go and sit on the naughty chair !!!! Thats no way to spell Bonys !!!!

BL  ;) >:( >:(
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2014, 23:46:16 PM »
Oops, sorry! Predictive text on iPad I'm afraid! Just back from OHaras after tapas at El Messon. Ears still buzzing and had a good go at Rock and roll whilst sitting on a stool due to the flipping back again. Avoiding pain killers now if I can, but may give in to get round the Fira tomorrow! Does this island never slow down, I need a rest!!!  :D

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2014, 11:17:28 AM »
Thunder, lightening, rain - third day running. Evidently it's too dark to paint without the lights on so Steve has given up on that job. Do not say put the lights on!! I have refused to go down any caves. Festival apart yesterday was a bit of a result as we both bought boots to be left here for January, or even today! Just bought an hdmi cable to use from laptop to TV from Chinese emporium as Confort didn't have one! Crikey this rain is blowing everything, have to go and shut shutters!!!!

My Flickr Photos

tonsyl

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2014, 16:58:13 PM »
Hope the cable works better than the one we bought from that emporium last year. Didn't work, checked it and found a faulty connection. They did refund the cost after a bit of "discussion" !!

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2014, 17:01:01 PM »
Right. Thanks for that Tonsyl, will let you know in an hour!  ::)

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2014, 21:38:25 PM »
That will a big NO then. Also the boiler has blown a gasket so no hot water tomorrow until emergency plumber. Charity lunch at 1, so hope its fixed by then! Back to watching itv now. Luckily no storm to cut it out tonight!

My Flickr Photos

Eleanor

• Elite Member
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2014, 21:49:54 PM »
Oh Bella it seems one thing after another for you this holiday doesn't it! Hope the back is better and at least you have one tv station to watch. Hope you get the water sorted in time for you to get ready for your lunch tomorrow.

Will be thinking of you and hoping you all have a great lunch and make lots of money for this worthy cause.
Have a good time x  :)
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Bonyslad

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2014, 07:22:26 AM »
You can always wash in the sea if it comes to it !!

BL  ;D :D
BonysLad

HEY. YOU. Get off of my cloud ( of wonderful ) !!

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2014, 21:12:44 PM »
Well it's the end of our camping holiday ! Have been boiling kettles for hot water and dashing next door for showers! Parts for our strangely irreplaceable boiler are coming from Barcelons in approximately 10 days. Should be here by January then!
Had a great day at the Pollensa Fira, so lucky with the weather again too. Four of us had a late lunch / early dinner at Es Peyns or something like that, but didn't realise they were actually closed at 5.30 as we walked in and sat down at 5 and stayed until 6.30! Even when they were sweeping up around us we didn't take the hint, or when people were staring in at the door and not coming in! What great customer service not to throw us out! After waiting for the Hustlers to arrive , and then not,  ::) we eventually wandered back through town and came across a large group doing legs traditional dances to a great band. They were all dressed in casual clothes and it was great to watch them for about half an hour until they ended with a spectacular dance! I want to learn these dances now! Last few cars left in the field, but at least it wasn't wet and muddy.
Roll on January!!

My Flickr Photos