Author Topic: Sant Antoni  (Read 944 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Sant Antoni
« on: January 18, 2015, 10:26:28 AM »
Headache!! Waking up today to soothing sounds of English Pollensa Radio. Some photos on the Forums facebook page, but they don't do the fiesta atmosphere justice in any way, shape or form of course. First time we got up early enough to make the convoy up to Formentor, but so glad we did! Bbqs were amazing there for breakfast, and dancing in the sunshine - well, not me obviously , but some were! So much fun to bump into people, but needed more time to chat to everyone. One of the better fiestas which last all weekend, with lots of movement and lots of participation!  8)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

tonsyl

Re: Sant Antoni
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 18:56:28 PM »
Looking at all the pictures on this and other sites, it seemed to me to be less people about this year than when we have been there for San Antoni. Do you think that is the case Bella or was it just as popular?

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 21:23:27 PM »
Definitely more Tony. Planes were more full, and that is not just our experience, restaurants were saying that more British have come over since asking about the fiesta in the summer too. With the tourists "demanding" more of the fiesta, the locals have more than stepped up to the challenge, still keeping traditions going, but also expanding on what the council offer too. As an aside,  some fires are still smouldering and smoking even tonight, with not much round them if anything, for health and safety. Only heard of one accident this year, a VERY drunk guy "fell" off of the boat bringing the the Pi into port. Was pulled  to safety just before he went under for the third time! Have seen young kids lighting the bangers then looking over them when they didn't go off too! Frightens the life out of you!

My Flickr Photos

tonsyl

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 09:47:48 AM »
Pleased to hear that. good to see the locals and visitors alike having a good time, even if some "go over the top" a little bit.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 08:35:20 AM »
Thankfully the climbers usually STOP at the top!  8) ;D

My Flickr Photos