Author Topic: Re: Girlies 2015 irreverant weather update  (Read 13877 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Re: Re: Girlies 2015 irreverant weather update
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2015, 06:45:24 AM »
In MDB today;

Majorca braced for coldest week of the winter

Palma.—Get set for the coldest week of the winter, was the message from Palma Met Office yesterday after forecasting freezing temperatures for most of the week.
After a weekend which saw gale force winds hit the island with a vengeance causing considerable damage, the Palma Met Office said yesterday that they would continue with their bad weather alert. The island´s emergency services are on full alert.
The Met Office said yesterday that snow would fall this week in mountain areas and warned of the risk of the high winds and freezing temperatures.
Many activities over the weekend had to be curtailed because of  the freezing weather and rain.
So far the Majorcan winter has been relatively mild but the Met Office forecast a freezing week for Majorca which is expected to last until the weekend.

Unquote;

Snowmen perhaps!
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

tonsyl

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2015, 08:11:18 AM »
Looking at the weather forecasts and the marine forecasts for the next couple of days, it doesn't look too good. As you seem to be in charge of the "pointy thing" these days BD, can you get this lot cleared out of the way a bit sharpish please?

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2015, 08:19:45 AM »
Ah, well, you see - being British I believe that the world should have seasons, so we can appreciate the glory of nature in all her forms, so although I  raise the pointy thing to the sun in worship, I also bow to the inevitable of Andrew's far greater pointy stick!

Morning high (7.30am): 6.5C
Forecast high: 10C; UV: 1
Three-day forecast: 5 February - Rain, occasional sun, 11C; 6 February - Sun, snow, 6C; 7 February - Rain, 7C.

Sea conditions (northern Mallorca; Alcúdia and Pollensa bays to 20.00): North and Northeast 6 to 7, occasionally 8. Waves at intervals to four or five metres on the east of the bay, otherwise up to three. Hail at times.

A poor day in prospect with strong winds, very rough coastal conditions and rain or hail. The coldest weather is set to be on Friday and Saturday with snow at sea level forecast for Friday.

Unquote.

Sometimes Andrew can be very cruel!  ::)

My Flickr Photos

tonsyl

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2015, 08:44:03 AM »
Looking at RTE yesterday afternoon and the summary they do of all the regions in Spain, they have already had some considerable snowfalls inland. Looking at the Youtube video ( I think originally U. Hora footage) of the ferry on Sunday, they have already had some horrendous seas too!.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2015, 07:03:22 AM »

Morning high (5.30am): 4C
Forecast high: 12C; UV: 1
Three-day forecast: 6 February - Sun, snow, 6C; 7 February - Rain, sun, 9C; 8 February - Sun, rain, 11C.

Sea conditions (northern Mallorca; Alcúdia and Pollensa bays to 20.00): Northwest 5, waves easing but still risks of storms.

Rain at present and due to continue for much of the day, falling as snow to 200 metres. Rough coastal conditions should ease during the morning. Low temperatures over the next two days, i.e. down towards freezing overnight. Snow forecast at sea level for tomorrow.

Unquote.

I expect the fun of it all is wearing a bit thin now!  :-[

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2015, 06:57:51 AM »
Morning high (7.30am): 5C
Forecast high: 10C; UV: 2
Three-day forecast: 7 February - Rain, 10C; 8 February - Rain, sun, 11C; 9 February - Rain, 10C.

Sea conditions (northern Mallorca; Alcúdia and Pollensa bays to 20.00): North 4 to 7 easing and backing West 4 during the morning. Swells reducing to two metres.

Cloudy, cold morning with a warning for snow; it's most likely during the morning. Warnings also for low temperatures and rough coastal conditions.

Unquote.

No high heels then!  :-\

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2015, 16:07:19 PM »
Morning high (8.00am): 2.5C
Forecast high: 11C; UV: 2
Three-day forecast: 8 February - Sun, 12C; 9 February - Rain, sun, wind, 11C; 10 February - Sun, cloud, 13C.

Sea conditions (northern Mallorca; Alcúdia and Pollensa bays to 20.00): Northwest 3 to 4.

Afternoon report (15.15): Technical probs; couldn't do the morning report. So, here is one for the day. Pretty good amounts of sun and certainly much calmer - quite a contrast to yesterday and the cold and "snow" (such as it was). The morning lows were pretty low; just a touch under freezing in areas. A daytime high of 12.2C.

Unquote.

Thanks Andrew, I think!  ::)

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2015, 09:30:54 AM »
Morning high (8.00am): 8.5C
Forecast high: 12C; UV: 2
Three-day forecast: 9 February - Rain, sun, wind, 13C; 10 February - Sun, 12C; 11 February - Sun, cloud, 14C.

Sea conditions (northern Mallorca; Alcúdia and Pollensa bays to 20.00): North 4 to 5 backing Northwest during the morning.

Cloudy start though it's meant to be going to be pretty sunny this morning and through the day. Quite windy at times, with the breezes shifting northerly later in the day and bringing stronger winds tomorrow and more poor coastal conditions. The general outlook is for a gradual warming-up over the week.

Unquote.

Light at the end of the tunnel folks!  8)

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2015, 06:55:16 AM »
Morning high (7.00am): 9.5C
Forecast high: 12C; UV: 2
Three-day forecast: 10 February - Sun, 14C; 11 February - Sun, 14C; 12 February - Cloud, 13C.

Sea conditions (northern Mallorca; Alcúdia and Pollensa bays to 20.00): North 6 to 7 veering and easing Northeast 4 to 5 by the afternoon. Waves to three metres through the morning, decreasing later.

A moonlit morning, though the forecast is for cloud and possible rain with some sun in the afternoon. Quite windy again with a warning for the coasts in place. The next couple of days look really quite promising with good amounts of sun and breezes shifting southerly.

Unquote.

Getting more bearable.

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2015, 06:52:45 AM »
Morning high (7.45am): 5C
Forecast high: 14C; UV: 2
Three-day forecast: 11 February - Sun, 16C; 12 February - Cloud, 13C; 13 February - Cloud, 13C.

Sea conditions (northern Mallorca; Alcúdia and Pollensa bays to 20.00): West 2 to 3 veering East by the evening.

Very cold in parts this morning. Just above freezing in areas with clear skies and minimal breezes. A good sunny day on the cards and staying sunny tomorrow. On Thursday turning cloudy.

Morning high (7.45am): 5C
Forecast high: 14C; UV: 2
Three-day forecast: 11 February - Sun, 16C; 12 February - Cloud, 13C; 13 February - Cloud, 13C.

Sea conditions (northern Mallorca; Alcúdia and Pollensa bays to 20.00): West 2 to 3 veering East by the evening.

Very cold in parts this morning. Just above freezing in areas with clear skies and minimal breezes. A good sunny day on the cards and staying sunny tomorrow. On Thursday turning cloudy.

Unquote.

It might be on the cards Andrew, but it depends who's hand is laid down!  ;)

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2015, 10:17:24 AM »
Morning high (6.45am): 6.5C
Forecast high: 16C; UV: 2
Three-day forecast: 12 February - Cloud, 16C; 13 February - Sun, shower, 13C; 14 February - Sun, cloud, 15C.

Sea conditions (northern Mallorca; Alcúdia and Pollensa bays to 20.00): Southeast 2 to 3.

Some cloud passing across the moon on a quite chilly morning. Warm later and plenty of sun. A rather more mixed bag over the next couple of days with cloud set to dominate tomorrow.

Unquote.

"Its getting better every day!"  :)

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2015, 08:57:29 AM »
Morning high (8.00am): 7C
Three-day forecast: 13 February - Cloud, 15C; 14 February - Sun, cloud, 15C; 15 February - Sun, shower, 15C.

Sea conditions (northern Mallorca; Alcúdia and Pollensa bays to 20.00): East 2 to 3.

Pleasant morning, sun enduring until the afternoon and then cloud coming in. Risk of a shower overnight with tomorrow predominantly cloudy. All seems reasonably mild until Tuesday, as the forecast is suggesting a renewed bout of strong northerlies bringing lower temperatures.

Unquote.

Blast those northerlies!  >:(

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2015, 06:51:24 AM »
Morning high (6.15am): 8.5C
Forecast high: 15C; UV: 2
Three-day forecast: 14 February - Sun, 16C; 15 February - Cloud, 15C; 16 February - Cloud, 14C.

Sea conditions (northern Mallorca; Alcúdia and Pollensa bays to 20.00): Southeast 2 to 3 becoming Variable by the afternoon.

Some light cloud across the moon before dawn, cloud expected to persist for most of the day with the risk of the odd shower. Tomorrow is due to be a very good day and the best for a few days to come, as the general outlook doesn't look that promising

Unquote.

OK. So ignore Friday 13th, stay inside and play scrabble or something, do everything tomorrow that's outside!  ;)

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Girlies 2015 irreverant weather update
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2015, 08:24:06 AM »
Morning high (7.30am): 6.5C
Three-day forecast: 15 February - Sun, cloud, 17C; 16 February - Cloud, showers, 11C; 17 February - Cloud, rain, 12C.

Sea conditions (northern Mallorca; Alcúdia and Pollensa bays to 20.00): West 2 to 4.

Clear skies this morning and a mainly fine day in the offing but due to cloud over later. Tomorrow also a mix of sun and cloud but the next few days are looking pretty hopeless.

Unquote.

Abandon hope all ye who want to sunbathe then!  :(

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Girlies 2015 irreverant weather update
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2015, 08:59:57 AM »
Morning high (6.15am): 9C
Forecast high: 17C; UV: 3
Three-day forecast: 16 February - Sun, cloud, wind, 14C; 17 February - Showers, wind, 13C; 18 February - Showers, wind, 13C.

Sea conditions (northern Mallorca; Alcúdia and Pollensa bays to 20.00): West 2 to 3 locally 4.

A reasonable day on the cards - and note that the UV rating is edging up - but showery and windy weather coming in overnight. The week ahead is forecast to be dominated by wind and occasional rain.

Unquote.

50 shades of grey then!  ::)

My Flickr Photos