Author Topic: Bellas bonkers weather watch!  (Read 1549 times)

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Bellas bonkers weather watch!
« on: May 02, 2015, 07:12:35 AM »
Waking up to searchlight streaming through the cracks in the curtains and load screeching from coming outside the window! What's going on you may ask, all concerned for my well being! (It's ok,  I fantasise regularly these days!)
Well all is well, it turns out to be ridiculously bright sunlight, with birds competing with Steve snoring his head off! A B U tiful start to the day, if you discount Steve of course!  ;) 8)
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: Bellas bonkers weather watch!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 07:58:15 AM »
It's Sunday in all respects!  8) Very slight breeze pushing the voile curtains whilst the reflection of the pool dances across the floor tiles. Birds still making a racket though! You can't have everything I suppose!  ;)
PS give the sherry a miss at The Tapas Tree! No idea why I was tempted, obviously blinded by the gorgeous waiter , along with their fluorescent green outfits! Does show off the tan though!  ;)

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 16:56:28 PM »
Woke up later this morning . Sun not quite as bright, birds not quite so loud. Mind you, it could have been the result of gas inhalation from yesterday's lunch at La Maina! There we were, not able to find a space at Tamarells for love nor money, (I'm getting a little fed up with the millions of cyclists taking over all the restaurants I can tell you!) so we popped over the road. Had a bit of a problem ordering a ham and cheese omelette , as they only have either ham, or cheese , it's a bit if a task to combine the two evidently, when suddenly ..... BANG!! Then a whooshing noise as loud as a seaplane ! Waiters stood shocked for a moment as customers looked on wondering what to do, like the load of idiots we are on holiday, then they rushed round the side and tried to turn off the gas cylinder. Unable to turn it off , they just wandered back saying everything was fine, and left the cylinder to discharge itself into the atmosphere !!!
Not sure I really approve of the action, but there you are , or rather, there we were!
Evening meal was at Port 31 Tapas for 2, which was stunning I have to say!
Weather this afternoon is so sticky, sultry and still, I really want a quick storm to clear the air again!  ::)

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 07:58:50 AM »
Seems to on a cooling down stretch today. A little light rain last night after our visit to Can Joseps had us a little concerned, yes, the phrase Be careful what you wish for, did come to mind! Windows were left open as it was turning very muggy.
Suddenly a seaplane entered the bedroom and proceeded to dive bomb me! Noise was deafening! I jumped out of bed attacking it with my hands an pillows, finally switching on the light to find it. Naturally you can never find a mosquito when you have had a fight with it!  >:(
Found the plug ins, dragged the fan out and switched it on and spent the rest of the night with the sheet tucked up under my chin!  :-\
Woken up today by the doves cooing. Probably looking at the photo of baby Charlotte Elizabeth Diana!  ;)

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 09:48:09 AM »
Update. Mozzies were obviously camouflaged as sheet, and attacked my feet all night, just started itching!!
Weather is now gorgeous!  8)

My Flickr Photos

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 10:41:12 AM »
Don't you just hate those nights being dive bombed by a mozzie!

tonsyl

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 16:14:46 PM »
I always thought you plugged the plug ins, charged with the liquid, before you got bitten, not after !!!.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 17:29:37 PM »
I hadn't been bitten before I plugged them in, just dive bombed!

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 08:29:24 AM »
Very muggy last night. Windows open , but no mozzies turned up! Must have poured with rain last night, lots of puddles at the moment. But cool to wake up to. Dove cooing again, not much other tweeting until he stopped, so they must be an appreciative audience!
Did a round trip walk from Llenaire, along coast, stopped at Romantic for orange juice, carried on to the port, bought olive oil, carried on round the Chinese, they have fixed their flooding pipes - I'm not swearing, water poured out of two pipes onto pathway for a day. Round up to Erioski and back up bypass. Took 2 hours in all, had seemed like a good idea after having lunch at Hotel Llenaire. Half way round we changed our minds! Steve ruined his soft shoes and I had blisters with my sandals!
We had bought some huge frozen prawns, but they had gone off after defrosting, so had salad and that flat pizza looking pie, which was good, but not what we had planned as a night in, forgetting we had also planned to pop to Guru! Feet dictated otherwise !
CD player has broken so we are off to Confort now, well, I say we .......!

My Flickr Photos

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 09:34:36 AM »
Well! PP has been subjected to amazing storms this past week - love 'em or hate 'em they have been spectacular ! We have seen some brilliant photos posted on facebook, and now the clean up has made the news with some interesting video to go with it. Weather now looks lovely again though - just in time for our visit, although Natasha and boyfriend had the spectacular storms to enjoy as well as the sunshine!

http://ib3tv.com/20151002_235509-el-temporal-deixa-una-embarcacio-varada-al-port-de-pollenca.html

My Flickr Photos