Author Topic: Call for improvements to the Pine Walk by local union  (Read 1010 times)

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
Call for improvements to the Pine Walk by local union
« on: May 12, 2015, 17:55:27 PM »
Well here's an interesting plea from the Puerto Pollensa Union .  I wonder if the Pollensa Council will take any notice - I hope that they will!

OUR CLAIMS: WE WANT THE RIGHT TO DECIDE THE  USAGE THE VORAMAR (Pine Walk)

Ask for an agreement with Coastal Authorities claiming our right to decide on the use of the Paseo Voramar that is part of our history, of our tourist emblem and our landscape.

We want to establish a plan for improvements and beautification of the walk up to the military base, keeping its character, maintaining features as they should be, and enabling it as pedestrian promenade which is accessible to elderly and wheelchairs.

We want to establish an agreed use and creation of spaces for the waterfront walks whilst at the same time, demanding requirements in terms of  the type and quality of these uses.

LES NOSTRES REIVINDICACIONS : VOLEM EL DRET DE DECIDIR L´US DEL PASSEIG VORAMAR
Sol·licitarem un acord amb les autoritats de Costes reivindicant el nostre dret a decidir sobre l'ús del Passeig Voramar que és part de la nostra història, de la nostra imatge turística i del nostre paisatge.
Volem establir un pla de millores i embelliment del Passeig fins a la base militar, mantenint el seu caràcter, recuperant elements emblemàtics com la seva font, i habilitant-lo com passeig peatonal accessible a gent gran i a cadires de rodes.
Volem establir una normativa d'ús i concessió d'espais en passejos davant del mar amb requisits exigents quant a tipus i qualitat d'aquests usos.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Re: Call for improvements to the Pine Walk by local union
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 08:54:32 AM »
I am sure that this will be a good thing, but what are they actually asking for?
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 10:35:03 AM »
To be honest, I think it's more to do with some active sabre-rattling in advance of the elections.  Having said that the idea is pretty good as there seems to be little control over what happens on the Pine Walk despite the general understanding that there is.  ::)

If you didn't have to risk life & limb when you are strolling along there that would be a start.  Bit fed up with the groups of cyclists zooming along on there with little or no respect for older folk or young children or indeed people in wheelchairs - or indeed me carrying my shopping!  :-[

Architecturally, there seems to be little adherence to the conservation concept for the area when you see 'ugly monoliths' replacing some of the beautiful old villas and traditional apartments.  But that is just my humble opinion.

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 10:39:06 AM »
And I totally agree with you!  >:(

My Flickr Photos

tonsyl

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 16:17:21 PM »
Basically, the area is just a bit more than tired and needs a bit of a facelift, at the least, as far as the footway is concerned. We all know that town planners the world over are susceptible to "lobbying" when it comes to planning permission for buildings and I suspect the current panorama will not stay as it is for much longer, given the monstrosities that have been allowed in other parts of the Port. Changes will be made in the name of improvement and although the stated aim is for improvement and beautification, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". What the unions may want and what the council agree to may be two different things................or am I being cynical, not for the first time?

Belladonna

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 21:36:57 PM »
Mm. Doesn't sound for the better which ever way you look at it to be honest. But then I am not a great one for change in anything! I even  miss seeing the battered old cars driving around!!  ::)

My Flickr Photos