Author Topic: Moving to Port de Pollenca  (Read 1770 times)

grayw

Moving to Port de Pollenca
« on: August 26, 2015, 14:44:37 PM »
Hi All

Not sure if this is the right forum but anyway, I have put in an offer on a property in Pinaret and am selling my place in the UK with a view to a permanent relocation.  Is there anyone on here who has done similar and is willing to be contacted off-forum to answer loads of questions about the nitty-gritty of moving?

Hopefully everything will be going through this side of Xmas.

Thanks

Graham

Flyer

Re: Moving to Port de Pollenca
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 16:48:24 PM »
Graham ..... firstly welcome and congratulations.

Probably better people to answer your questions but I'll try if you either want to post on here or message me using the facility on this site.
I don't live out in PP but spend a lot of time there and having purchased my first place in 1973 think I have faced most of the joys and pitfalls of ownership whether it be property, motorbikes (scooter actually  :)) boat or car.

Best wishes for your new venture.  :)
Received a text today which read GNAB ~ I think that is bang out of order. It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty - there is clearly more room for more wine. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 23:04:42 PM »
Welcome to the forum Graham.

Please feel free to ask any questions on the forum or by pm as you prefer. Happy to help as well but may not have all the answers!

Good luck with your new venture!

grayw

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 15:37:15 PM »
Things seem to be moving faster than expected, I've just sold (STC) my UK property in under a week!  So can anyone recommend a good removals firm?

I won't be bringing any large items such as wardrobes or beds or any white goods, just smaller items of furniture and personal/kitchen items.  I do have a lot (and I mean a lot) of books though which I'd like to keep if the transport costs aren't too much.

Thanks

Graham.

Flyer

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 19:39:52 PM »
In my opinion there is no better firm than Webbs Removals - I have used them 3 times now and never had the slightest problem so much so the last 2 times I didn't even bother paying the extra (1.5% as I recall) payment for insurance cover. Bill operates the Mallorca (Santa Ponsa) warehouse and Gareth (his son) operates the Ramsgate office/storage.

Edit > link added > http://www.webbs-removals.co.uk/
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 07:57:45 AM by Flyer »
Received a text today which read GNAB ~ I think that is bang out of order. It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty - there is clearly more room for more wine. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 10:58:08 AM »
As per a handy suggestion from Janice last year, you might like to use www.sendmybag.com for sending a suitcase or suitcases (full of books & other personal belongings) to Mallorca. It's a very cheap door to door service & takes about 5 working days. Am just waiting for a suitcase to be delivered to me here in Puerto Pollensa today. :-)
I have also used Webbs for bringing furniture here from the UK & would also recommend their services. :-)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 18:34:44 PM by Mary Lorenzo »

grayw

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 12:07:07 PM »
Thanks for the information, I've contacted Webbs.  I'm currently intending to spend about 1 month per year back in the UK (if only for some real ale!) so will look into sendmybag for that.

I'm going to be over in PP for a week from Tuesday 22nd Sept., would anyone be willing to meet up for a drink and endure my quizzing about lots of day-to-day issues?

Thanks

Graham

Flyer

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 06:31:00 AM »
Apologies - I'm going back in the opposite direction the same day! When you are back in October by all means give me a PM and we can swop numbers if you want. I've just gone through the process of switching banks as gone from Bankia to La Caixa ~ that was more difficult than I expected  :o

grayw

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 10:31:45 AM »
Hi All

Me again, everything has gone through quicker than expected so I will be moving out to PdP on Mon 23rd Nov 2015.  Most things seem to be sorted except the private health insurance I'm going to need, anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks

Graham

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 23:09:29 PM »
Hey well done Graham & family!  That has gone quickly!

Sorry - but unable to help with your question about private health insurance policy.   Hopefully, you'll soon be in contact with some of the local ex-pats who will be able to point you in  good direction on that one.

Flyer

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2015, 10:07:31 AM »
Not sure this will help you but you could try > https://www.isalud.com/

Weather out here great by the way!

grayw

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2015, 13:03:29 PM »
Hi again

I'm now resident in PdP and gradually getting things sorted but of course, after having a dental check-up before I left, that I am now in fairly urgent need of a dentist!  Can anyone recommend a good one?  Doesn't need to be English (not had an English dentist for many years) but does need to speak English.

BTW finding it a bit confusing to navigate this forum, not sure where this question should really be posted.

Thanks in advance

Graham

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2015, 13:17:34 PM »
Hi Graham - oh poor you!

I am happy to recommend the brother of Coloma Campomar, Alfonso Jaume Campomar,  or indeed her father as they are both dentists.  You can find them in the Carrer des Monges in Puerto Pollensa.  Sorry but I can't find a note of the actual number but it's a very small street, just two streets along from the marina roundabout.

Coloma runs the Pension Bellavista so I have put her link and contact details here in case you have any problems finding the dental practice.  Just as a bit of additional info, Jaume, does a lot of voluntary work during the Winter in Africa with the Dentistas  Sobre Ruedas charity.  http://www.dentistassobreruedas.es/

Address for Hostal Bellavista: Carrer Monges, 14, 07470 Port de Pollença, Illes Balears, Spain
Phone:+34 971 86 46 00    http://www.pensionbellavista.com/?lang=en