Author Topic: Green lined parking bays in Puerto Pollensa  (Read 553 times)

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
Green lined parking bays in Puerto Pollensa
« on: September 20, 2015, 14:56:58 PM »
Some visitors to PP may be wondering what the newly painted green parking bays in the town are all about.
I've been reliably informed that you can park in these bays at any time EXCEPT on market day which is Wednesday.
Your car will be craned out of the bay if you do park there on  Wednesday & whisked away!
A generous contribution to the local Police will then be required before you get it back.

Re: Green lined parking bays in Puerto Pollensa
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 18:15:55 PM »
Having had my car 'lifted' a few years ago I can reliably inform you the cost was €100  :o Mine 'disappeared' on market day and was retained in the police compound near the police station .... this is now a public car park. The craned cars are now moved to the football ground car park and every Wednesday there are at least half a dozen cars 'stored' there and they are all (from what I have seen) small hire cars ~ Goldcar/Rekord etc. It appears if cars are left at the football and not collected they are just pushed out into the road and left there .... last week there was a fairly decent Renault Laguna and Renault Scenic (amongst other cars) parked there ..... gradually, day by day, bits are being removed off the cars!
Received a text today which read GNAB ~ I think that is bang out of order. It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty - there is clearly more room for more wine. I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Moderation in all things, especially in moderation
Re: Green lined parking bays in Puerto Pollensa
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 20:32:00 PM »
Thanks both of you, very helpful! My daughter and her boyfriend will be there next week so will definitely pass all of that on!
After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done!

My Flickr Photos