Author Topic: La Vall Charcoal Grill Restaurant  (Read 760 times)

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
La Vall Charcoal Grill Restaurant
« on: April 27, 2016, 18:42:41 PM »
La Vall has always produced an excellent Menu Del Dia at a very reasonable price.
It has now installed a new charcoal grill and a new chef to produce an exclusive grill menu each evening.
The restaurant is opposite La Vall butcher's & deli shop & gets its meat from the shop.
We had a lovely meal there on Monday night.
Freshly baked ciabatta style rolls & olives were followed by:-
2 main courses - one of pork ribs & one medium cooked fillet steak. Both meals came with chips & carrot puree, grilled, Little green peppers & baby grilled tomatoes. My dining companion declared that his steak was 'the best he had ever eaten'!
A nice bottle of wine, one pud & one small beer & the bill came to 52.10 euros.
Excellent food & value!
PS meant to say that the main meals are served on wooden platters now. I think that they are awful and almost as bad as slates for serving food on. But no problem with asking your meal to be served on a real plate!  :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 09:51:35 AM by Mary Lorenzo »

Eleanor

• Elite Member
Re: La Vall Grill Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 18:58:14 PM »
I agree with Mary that La Vall is excellent value and really nice food. We have had many a lunch there over the winter. Such lovely friendly people who can't do enough for you. Thy refer to me as Mrs No Carne! As a veggie it is sometimes difficult as so many stocks used for non meat meals are chicken or beef based. I had an arrangement that I would phone or email the day we would visit and they would ensure that Mrs No Carne was well looked after. They deserve to do well and I wish them good luck with the new look.
Eleanor

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
Re: La Vall Grill Restaurant
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 22:10:54 PM »
Hey, that's brilliant to hear! Really glad that they really make sure that they can look after non- meat eaters too!  :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 09:52:33 AM by Mary Lorenzo »

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
Re: La Vall Charcoal Grill Restaurant
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 10:01:42 AM »
Another great meal in La Vall last night.
Olives, dips & alioli to start with, then  the waiter brought a little montadito/amuse-bouche of hot creole sausage on toast which was a nice surprise. Then we both had rack of lamb cooked on the charcoal grill. The friendly waiter remembered that we prefer our meals served on proper plates & not on wooden platters as is the current vogue too.
The meal was perfectly cooked & came with hand cut chips & an assortment of veg. We washed it all down with a lovely bottle of Rioja (Find) and a bottle of water. The bill came to 61 Euros. Great value for an excellent meal. We were also given two little glasses of limoncello.
Once again the chef came out of the kitchen to wish us farewell as we left.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 10:18:31 AM by Mary Lorenzo »

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 18:41:05 PM »
And another star must be awarded to La Vall Restaurant.....as they actually have Pimientos del Padron.  Nothing new about that I hear you say..... ::)

They actually serve Pimientos del Padron with some of those really 'perky' ones mixed in with the tasty but anodyne ones.  A few were even mouth-numbingly hot!

Mary Lorenzo

• Entertainment Guru
  • Elite Member
  • Pine Walk
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 10:52:13 AM »
We enjoyed a fab menu del dia in La Vall.  This place really doesn't disappoint!
We both had Cuban rice, followed by Roast chicken and saute potatoes and veg and then a dessert (or coffee) , all accompanied by wine, water and gaseosa.  Fab value at only 10 euros.